We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xian Tour Guide Brian Bay - recommended!

Which Xi'an hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Copenhagen, Denmark
reviews: 17
Xian Tour Guide Brian Bay - recommended!

I would like to recommend Brian Bay for local guide of Xian. He has a wonderful knowledge of local history, his english is excellent and he loves his job as a tour guide. To Brian Bay being a guide is a liftestyle. He is dedicated, enthusiastic and highly professional. But what makes Brian special is his kindness and helpfulness. He helped us send a parcel from the post office - I doubt we could have done it ourselves, sending a parcel from China to Europe is quite complicated. We had to fill in an address in Xian - and Brian Bay suggested that we used his private address. And so we did - because we knew that we could trust him if anything went wrong.

One more thing that shows Brians helpfullness: We wanted to see the Terracottas and the historic museum on day 1. Day 2 we only needed Brians help to get the tickets to the Tang Show. Or so we thought. Although it was Brians day off, he insisted on guiding us to the show to make sure we were allright. He had ordered the dumbling dinner (very delicious) and made a reservation for good tickets. He also insisted on showing us the muslim mosque and helped us bargain in the bazaar (good for us, not so good for the saleswoman - had we been on our own we would have paid double and believed we did a good bargain...)

At the Terracottas he brought us to a local noodlerestaurant - the meal was delicious. And cheap.

I also want to recommend Brians Bays driver. He is by far the best driver we came across in China. We felt safe every minute. The van/minibus is new and confortable.

We felt sad leaving Xian and Brian Bay - it felt as if we said goodbye to a friend. How many guides do you think of as a friend? Not many.

San Francisco
51. Re: Xian Tour Guide Brian Bay - recommended!

I agree. Brian was an excellent guide. He was extremely easy to make arrangements with, was on time and very knowledgeable. His driver, Mr. Wong was also a pleasure to spend the day with.

We hired him to take us to the Terracotta Warriors, the Banpo Museum, the Big Pagoda and the City Wall. He was very flexible about changing our tour, as we realized midway through the day we would rather go to the wall ourselves early in the morning due to the heat. He told interesting stories at all the sights and also took us to try to some local cuisine, which was delicious.

He went out of his way after the tour to show us how to get to the subway to catch our train to Beijing the next morning - which was a lifesaver as our hotel was on an odd street without many cabs. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions, but I would recommend Brian to anyone who requires a tour guide in Xi'an.

Palm Beach Gardens
52. Re: Xian Tour Guide Brian Bay - recommended!

We were fortunate to have Bryan as our tour guide in Xi'an in June, 2013. He is friendly, professional, knows his historical facts and subjects well, and is quite entertaining and personable. He made sure we got to the Terracotta Warriors early before the crowds, and then took us to a local noodle restaurant for an amazing lunch. That was a real treat that most tourists do not get to experience. He then took us to Banpo Village (also remarkable), the Wild Goose Pagoda, and the Buddhist Temple and Muslim shopping area which were intriguing. In short, Bryan has our highest recommendation and we strongly suggest that you utilize his services.

Malaysia
reviews: 39
53. Re: Xian Tour Guide Brian Bay - recommended!

My comment on my experience with Bryan:

Pros:

-punctual in meeting us in the hotel to start the tour

-make trips around xian meaningful with good explanation

-patient with elderly

-lunch of local noodle : tasty and affordable

-his rate is affordable compared to other tour guides

-driver: doing his job well, picking up on time, do not interrupt in the conversations with brian

Brazil
reviews: 41
54. Re: Xian Tour Guide Brian Bay - recommended!

I'm also interested in Bryan's service for the beginning of August. How can I contact him?

Walgett, Australia
reviews: 6
55. Re: Xian Tour Guide Brian Bay - recommended!

How do we get in contact with Bryan Bai? Based on yours & others reviews would love to organise a tour in September on our visit to Xian

Connecticut, USA
reviews: 8
56. Re: Xian Tour Guide Brian Bay - recommended!

www.xianhistorytourguide.com is his website with contact information.

London
reviews: 16
57. Re: Xian Tour Guide Brian Bay - recommended!

I can very highly recommend Bryan. He arranged a packed 1 day tour for me, my partner and 2 friends on our short stop in Xi'an. Superb communication whilst I was planning the trip, confirming itinerary while we were in China and then very promt on the day. We learnt SO very much from Bryan about Xi'an, wider China and he answered all of our questions day long. He is a man who loves his home city and gave us a real taste of Xi'an. Highlights were the Terracota Army, the amazing noodles after this, and cycling around the old city walls. Mr Lee the driver was great and the whole day was smooth and a pleasure for us. I would recommend Bryan without doubt!

Kuala Lumpur...
reviews: 1
58. Re: Xian Tour Guide Brian Bay - recommended!

Hi Brian,

We ( 6pax) are planning a visit to Xian for 3days two nigths, 07th. Nov ~ 09th. Nov. Can you advise the following:

i) Hotels & Price

ii) Propose itinerary

iii) a Van with Dreiver

iv) your service as our guide.

What will be the cost ?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Siow

New York City, New...
reviews: 3
59. Re: Xian Tour Guide Brian Bay - recommended!

Hi I am going to Xian in August can you give me Brian Bay's contact information. He sounds just what our

family of 3 could use. thanks

Connecticut, USA
reviews: 8
60. Re: Xian Tour Guide Brian Bay - recommended!

See posting 56