We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report: 2 nights in Xi'an

Which Xi'an hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
reviews: 80
Trip report: 2 nights in Xi'an

General notes in my Beijing report. So far Beijing 5 nights, Hong Kong 3 nights, Yangshuo 3 nights.

•Arrived in Xi’an via China Eastern, landed in Terminal 3, very beautiful new terminal and easy naviagate. Decided to try the airport express shuttle to get to Citadene Central, only 56 RMB for 2 of us. Walked over to the Citadenes. Good central location, walked around and visited Drum Tower, Bell Tower, City Wall (several events here) and Muslim quarters.

•Day 2 Went on Terracotta Warrior half day tour booked through the Tourism office near drum tower. It was pretty good, Cost of 280 RMB for me included TW entrance fee of 150 and lunch. My daughter was less as they honoured her student card (215 RMB). Driver and Tour guide (Sophie) and 10 people on the bus. we had one stop, but no pressure to buy and toured TW. Our timing was good as we were there over the lunch period, and less crowded. We had lunch included and had it just outside and it was very good local food. I was a little worried based on board advice about organized tours so this was a pleasant experience. I chose to tip Sophie 40 RMB and driver 20 rmb. In the evening had Dumpling feast at Datong (didn’t love it). Last walk through Muslim area.

Next day early flight to Shanghai.

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 1
1. Re: Trip report: 2 nights in Xi'an

Sounds very wonderful. Enjoy yourselves.

Xi'an, China
reviews: 11
2. Re: Trip report: 2 nights in Xi'an

Hello:

Thanks for your gratuity for the local guide, that maybe is only one of part of income for her contribution at that day unless she can make additional from the gift shop.

In spite of working under no paying circumstances for a very long time, most of the local guides and drivers are still love their job. We need show great respect for them.

we need thank you again.

Best regards

Bryanbai

xi an
reviews: 6
3. Re: Trip report: 2 nights in Xi'an

thanks for your info .

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 127
4. Re: Trip report: 2 nights in Xi'an

Thanks, I'm really enjoying your reports, good advice about the guide.

London, United...
reviews: 228
5. Re: Trip report: 2 nights in Xi'an

Dont trust guides in China, not even the most lovely guides.

They are all working and although they may not go out of their way to rip you off, they dont disclose their commissions which unfortunately will eventually result in the tourist losing out.

Just my opinion

6. Re: Trip report: 2 nights in Xi'an

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, January 01, 2014