We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fabulous tour guide - Michael Yang

Which Xi'an hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Essex, UK
reviews: 4
Fabulous tour guide - Michael Yang

If you are looking for a personal tour guide in Xi'an then Michael (michaelylw@yahoo.com.cn) is your man. We were only in Xi'an for 24 hours and our prime purpose for the visit was the Terracotta Warriors.

I actually messed up the dates and told Michael of our arrival a day too early - despite the massive error on my part Michael was thankfully free the following day and still able to take us around Xi'an. He picked us up straight from the hotel and took us to the Warriors - he was an amazing guide around, took us to each tomb against the rest of flow of the tourists - and was also very insightful around all of the historical facts. He chose a great place for a traditional lunch and it was good way to get to to know Michael a little more and find out about local cultures and the Chinese way of life. After a snooze in his very comfortable car on our way back into the City we went to the City Wall and a very interesting temple (again missing the crowds of other touristy sights). Finally, before dropping us off at the airport Michael took us to another Terracotta site not so touristy as the Terracotta Warriors - and was a fantastic way to end our day in Xi'an.

Michael speaks great English, is extremely knowledgeable and our experience in Xi'an would have been so much less without him. Book Michael if you can - I promise you will have a truly wonderful experience!

xi an
reviews: 29
1. Re: Fabulous tour guide - Michael Yang

thanks a lot

Qingdao, China
reviews: 50
2. Re: Fabulous tour guide - Michael Yang

I agree with your positive comments about the tour guide. We had a pleasure to meet Michael Yang during our stay in Xi'an on April 5, 2013. He was our tour guide for the terracotta warriors, great goose pagoda, and city walls tour. His is knowledgeable, friendly, and accommodating english speaking tour guide. We even had an extra stop to see live pandas, golden monkeys, and other rare local animals because we expressed the interest in seeing a live panda. We also had delicious authentic local cuisine lunch. Michael will taylor your tour to your expectations. We also highly recommend Michael. You can contact him by email: michaelylw@yahoo.com.cn or by mobile phone number: (0) 13991917258

Xi'an
3. Re: Fabulous tour guide - Michael Yang

Yes,We were colleagues few years ago.Michael Yang always dose his best to serve for his foreign guests.It's one of the greatest tour guide of Xi'an. Thanks Beiping W

Lowood Australia
reviews: 114
4. Re: Fabulous tour guide - Michael Yang

My wife and I have to agree with Marina G's comments.

We had a spare day in Xian so searched the Internet for something to do. We came upon Trip Advisor, which led us to Michael Yang.

We had a great tour of the rural areas beneath the Qin Ling Mountain range. On our way back to the city we stopped at the Daoist Temple, and enjoyed a true Chinese meal at a family restaurant.

On return to the city we visited the Xian 2012 Expo site and then were able to view the endangered species enclosures of the white mountain goats, the pandas, the crested ibis and the silky monkeys.

Michael had prepared for the trip with coffee,water,soft drink, and last but not least, a refeshingly cold face towel (it was a pleasantly warm day).

We were able to chat in English and learnt a lot about the countryside and life in his city.

We would. Recommend Michael to anyone who is looking for a guide.

Mobile (0)13991917258 or email michaelylw@yahoo.com.cn

xi an
5. Re: Fabulous tour guide - Michael Yang

helo .ian

thank you so much

nottingham
reviews: 6
6. Re: Fabulous tour guide - Michael Yang

We also chose Michael as our guide for 2 days recently and I would recommend him to anyone looking for a better understanding of the fascinating sites surrounding Xi'an. Before our arrival, he was very quick to answer any e-mails I sent regarding our plans for the visit, coming up with ideas and taking on board our requests to plan our itinerary perfectly. He picked us up at our hotel both days in a smart, comfortable car packed up with a wide selection of drinks. We found him professional, informative and very patient. He was knowledgeable about the history of the places we visited and usually had some funny stories to pass on. It was also interesting to talk to him about life in modern China and get some recommendations about places to visit on our remaining days in Xi'an. There is very little English spoken in this region, so it is not very easy to make your way between sites on public transport. It is much better to have your own car for the day and be able to relax.

xi an
7. Re: Fabulous tour guide - Michael Yang

hello .everyone .thank you very much.

my new email addressis . michaelylw@sina.com <due to yahoo china will stop their email service at august>pls update .

Beijing, China
8. Re: Fabulous tour guide - Michael Yang

I would also like to strongly recommend Michael Yang as your Tour Guide in X'ian on Behalf of my friends who also went there for 24 hours!

After seeing all the recommendations here in TripAdvisor about him, we called him, with only 3 days in advance and he was available!!! He picked up my friends from the airport, took them to the terracota warriors and the rest of the city., then took them back to the airport! My friends had a Wonderful day there with him! They said it was a pleasure to had the visit with him in X'ian!! It made it special! So thanks to everybody for his recommendation!!!

I live in Beijing and have a lot of visitors , so now it will be so much easier to send them there for a visit with Michael. I also want to share his new INFO: michaelylw@sina.com and his cel number is: 139-9191-7258

Thanks again!

xi an
9. Re: Fabulous tour guide - Michael Yang

thank you maria .l

your friends are also very nice people.

all the best

michael yang

hAARLEM
reviews: 12
10. Re: Fabulous tour guide - Michael Yang

Last June we visted Xian and Michael was our guide for 1,5 days.

We have really enjoyed our stay and would like to recommend Michael for his service minded approach. The customer is always nr one for Michael.

When we arrived at the airport we already saw the service level he is used to give; because of the hot weather he brought several cold drinks and even cold wet towels.

We were fortunate to also meet his lovely and friendly family, and we again again want to give our best regards to them.

If you want to come to Xian, Michael is your man!