We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excellent guide in Xi'an - Linda!

Which Xi'an hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis
Excellent guide in Xi'an - Linda!

We used Linda to tour around Xi'an and even neighboring Huashan mountain. She took care of us everywhere we went with the utmost service. She arranged for a private car when it was warranted and took care of all public transportation details when we went without. As small as it may sound, she haggled very aggressively with taxi drivers for us when they weren't going to use the meter. The cost savings was never going to be substantial, but the fact that she looked out for us in all things big AND small really made us appreciate her all the more! Her knowledge of the history of Xi'an was excellent and her English was superb. I don't hesitate to recommend her.

Linda - xianprivatetour@gmail.com

Suzhou, China
11. Re: Excellent guide in Xi'an - Linda!

We took our daughters to Xian with Linda as our guide and we really enjoyed her tour. Linda patiently guided us through city with kids and clearly explained the main attractions. We also enjoyed having meals together during tour!! Highly recommend her!!

Edited: 11:05 am, August 26, 2012
Xi'an, China
reviews: 2
12. Re: Excellent guide in Xi'an - Linda!

I am pleased to hear that you had a great time in xi, an with Linda!

XI,AN WELCOME YOU

San Diego
reviews: 9
13. Re: Excellent guide in Xi'an - Linda!

I booked Linda as our guide to see the Terra Cotta Warriors based on reviews from TripAdvisor. Our party consisted of my 80 year old in-laws, my wife, and our two daughters (5 yr and 23 month). We were really pleased with our experience with Linda. Her background as a teacher really shows in how she tries to engage us in conversation and her patience with kids. Given the age diversity of our group I felt she did a great job. Upon leaving, Linda took us on a short cut to the parking lot so we wouldn't have to go through all the souvenir hawkers that try to sell you stuff. I would definitely recommend her.

Xi'an
14. Re: Excellent guide in Xi'an - Linda!

Linda was my tour guide in Xi'an in December 2012.

After utilising tour guide services in Shanghai and Beijing, I would say hands down that she was the best.

Professional, polite and sensibly priced, Linda was selfless in her dedication.

If you are looking for a Xi'an guide, don't look anywhere else.

I concur with all the high praise and recommendations she has received above.

Edited: 6:41 am, December 24, 2012
san francisco, Ca
reviews: 10
15. Re: Excellent guide in Xi'an - Linda!

Thank-you for your comments on the guide in X'ian. My wife and I are planning a trip in October. Would you please send the e-mail address of the recommended guide to my e-mail: drswntodd@gmail.com Thank-you. Bill

Xi'an
16. Re: Excellent guide in Xi'an - Linda!

http://www.xianprivatetour.com/

17. Re: Excellent guide in Xi'an - Linda!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:47 am, January 31, 2013
reviews: 1
18. Re: Excellent guide in Xi'an - Linda!

Hello. We may be in Xi'an in early April 2013...what was the weather like for you last year?

Luzon, Philippines
reviews: 122
19. Re: Excellent guide in Xi'an - Linda!

We are fortunate to have met Linda,

I was already communicating with her before we went to Xian, and she advised us on how to get there. She wasn't our guide when we toured the city, she accompanied and showed us where to buy the things we needed. We had dinner the first night and referred us to another guide Jack because she wasn't available the next day. After the tour, we invited Linda again for dinner. By this time we had 2 guides with us and the driver also is an expert in the Muslim quarters, we learned so much about Xian and how the locals live that I feel like I've been here a few times.

Linda's english is very good and her knowledge of the place is exceptional (she used to be a teacher). By the 2nd night, we were already friends and we were glad to have come to Xian. The city was awesome with its beauty and history and the most important is we gained a friend in Linda, the excellent guide!

Merrimack, New...
reviews: 7
20. Re: Excellent guide in Xi'an - Linda!

We used Linda as well for a two day tour last month (June 2013). Linda was perfect! She speaks great English which is a great help because of my two non-Chinese speaking daughters. Linda told us all the histories and stories about this beautiful city. The Terracotta Warriors visit was perfect. We arrived late that day, but it turned out we were able to meet up with Mr. Yang at the museum! Because it was towards closing (had about 1.5 hours), the pits were almost deserted which turned out to be our advantage! We took a lot of pictures with just our family :-) Linda told us all the history about the warriors and all the little details everywhere we went.

Even the driver Linda arranged was perfect too! He always parked his van in the shade which is a big help for us.

A couple of times we thought we said goodbye to Linda, but she kept showing up to make sure every detail is taken care of. E.g. during and after our dumpling banquet. There are a lot of details during and after the banquet but Linda took care of them for us. The banquet itself though is a gimmick.

When it was time for pick up from Hotel to Airport, we were originally told only the driver would be there. However, Linda showed up again! She accompanied us all the way to the airport and won't leave until we are checked in to the gate (Xian airport is quite different in terms of where to check in for international flights etc so the help with Linda is really much appreciated!).

I could not say enough good words about Linda. I highly recommend Linda to anyone visiting Xian!