We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hire a driver for 1-2 days vs a tour guide

Which Xi'an hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
United States
reviews: 51
Hire a driver for 1-2 days vs a tour guide

I would like to hire a driver rather than a tour guide because I dont like the structures and schedules of the tours.

I just want someone to come pick me up and drive me to place and then come back to pick me up at a scheduled time.

If I am looking for a driver for about 1-3 days, how much does it cost per day?

WHere can I find one?

thanks

36 replies to this topic
United States
21. Re: Hire a driver for 1-2 days vs a tour guide

Hi,

I am the person who post the question. I ended up using Darren. He was great. My spouse is really picky and suspicous of tour guides in general (trying to take us to tourist trap place for commission). However even she was really happy with Darren. He takes you where you need to go - basically on the the best tour guides I ever had. He doesnt make you feel too intruding and lets you go where you want and give you ideas. Even after we paid him and we though everything was completely (when he dropped us at the Dynasty Show) - as we wanted - he realized it was raining (we didnt know because we were inside) when we got out he was right there and help us get a buggy back to our hotel. He is a really responsible tour guide.

Dai20008@yahoo.com.cn

cell phone: +86 13679168961

United States
22. Re: Hire a driver for 1-2 days vs a tour guide

Hi,

I am the person who post the question. I ended up using Darren. We called him at the last minute when we were already in Xian. We want to go see Wuzetian tomb and a couple places in the area. At the end of the day we wanted to go to Tang Dynasty show with the dumpling.

Our tour guide was very good. He was so responsive and was right on time. He was great. My girlfriend is really picky and suspicous of tour guides in general (we typically get ones that takes us tourist trap place for commission). However even she was really happy with Darren. He takes you where you need to go - basically on the the best tour guides we ever had (The one that she couldnt find fault with) His price is one of the best - trust me...my gf always tries to get the best value. He doesnt make you feel too intruding and lets you go where you want and give you ideas. Even after we paid him and we thought everything was completely and our service was finished (when he dropped us at the Dynasty Show) - as we wanted. When we got out of the show and dinner (2 or 3 hours later), it was raining and we were scrambling. However, Darren came running to us and pointed us to a buggy and told the driver to take us home. He must have realized it was raining (we didnt know because we were inside) and we will be soaking wet because we didnt have an umbrella. Overall we highly recommend him.

Darren is a guide for that is knowledgeable, honest, responsible and cost effective. We traveled quite often, so we know a good tour guide when we get one.

Anyone who wants to talk to directly for recommendation, can message us through this forum. Jason - Anna

Tour Guide:

Darren

Dai20008@yahoo.com.cn

cell phone: +86 13679168961

London, United...
reviews: 4
23. Re: Hire a driver for 1-2 days vs a tour guide

Hi Silverfish

do you have Erics contact details and what kind of car did he have?? was it a recent clean car??

we are looking for a nice quality car and driver ?

adelaide
reviews: 7
24. Re: Hire a driver for 1-2 days vs a tour guide

Hi, could you please send me Eric's email address,

Many thanks

Will

adelaide
reviews: 7
25. Re: Hire a driver for 1-2 days vs a tour guide

Hi, can you please tell how the tour went with Eric, looking to go to china next year and looking to book tour guides

Cheers

Will

chengdu
reviews: 19
26. Re: Hire a driver for 1-2 days vs a tour guide

If you will travel in Chengdu, you can hire an english driver-guide there from http://chinatravel4u.com/order_driver.aspx. Hope you can find your driver-guide....

selangor
27. Re: Hire a driver for 1-2 days vs a tour guide

I am going to Xi'an next month. I intend to go to Luoyang, shaolin temple and Mt.Huashan.

If I want to use Eric Xu's service for 2 days, how much does it cost ? Thanks

selangor
28. Re: Hire a driver for 1-2 days vs a tour guide

I am going to Xi'an next month. I intend to go to Luoyang, shaolin temple and Mt.Huashan.

If I want to use Eric Xu's service for 2 days, how much does it cost ? Thanks

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 1
29. Re: Hire a driver for 1-2 days vs a tour guide

Hi. I would appreciate it if you could send me Eric's contact details as I am going to Xian in early January. My email is wpettett@bigpond.com

Thank you

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 6
30. Re: Hire a driver for 1-2 days vs a tour guide

Hi Silverfish,

We are looking at hiring a driver in Xian and would love the details of your driver if you could share please.

Thanks Jane

Reply to: Hire a driver for 1-2 days vs a tour guide
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted