We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xian Express Visit

Which Xi'an hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
arizona
reviews: 11
Xian Express Visit

Hello,

Can someone please tell is what can I see in Xian in the day or day and a half?

Unfortunately we don't have enough time in China but wanted to see a bit of Beijing and Xian"s famous Terracotta Warriors Museum. Do we need to hire a guide?

Thank you!

Wroclawianka

Dublin, California
reviews: 30
1. Re: Xian Express Visit

You can see the Terracotta Warriors in half a day. You don't need a guide.

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
reviews: 3
2. Re: Xian Express Visit

1.5 days cover the core sites well : Terracotta Warriors, Muslim Quarter, Great Mosque, City Wall, Big Wildgoose Pagoda. Guide is not a must if just looking around.

arizona
3. Re: Xian Express Visit

Thank you :)

How do I get to these sites?

Do I need to buy tickets earlier or at the gates. The most important to me is seeing the Terracotta Wariors, how much time do I need for this sightseeing?

Thanks!

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
reviews: 3
4. Re: Xian Express Visit

Half day at least, you could take bus 游5 from train station to there. But hiring private car is much more time saving. In China, except Potala Place, Forbidden City (peak season) and some museums, always pay admission on spot.

Xi'an, China
5. Re: Xian Express Visit

Hello:

If you have a very informative guide book and consider your budget a lot, a guide is not very necessary.

Enjoy you stay in

xianhistorytourguide

Magog, Canada
reviews: 609
6. Re: Xian Express Visit

No need for a guide but there are some at the entrance.

You can get there by bus or you can hire a car and driver. You can spend about 1.5 hours there; you cannot really spend more time looking at a pit with objects that are not moving.

Try to go early so you beat the tour buses otherwise you won't get a decent photo.

arizona
7. Re: Xian Express Visit

Thank you Everyone for this valuable advise :)

How many days should we spend in Beijing? We don't have too much time, but wanted to see the most important sites.

Thank you!

Magog, Canada
reviews: 609
8. Re: Xian Express Visit

Beijing is ideally 4-5 days but 3 days is bare minimum.

arizona
9. Re: Xian Express Visit

Thanks!

Can you please list the sites that are absolutely a must. I would not want to miss something in a hurry. Maybe we can fit 4 or 5 days? I really appreciate everyone's help.

Xi'an, China
reviews: 2
10. Re: Xian Express Visit

Those sites are great! Forbidden City ,the Great Wall, the Summer Palace, Tian An Men Square, the Ming Tombs, Bird's Nest, Water Cube, Beijing Zoo and 798.Hope you have a good trip!