We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xi'an Tour Guide Michael Yang - Recommended!

Which Xi'an hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Huntington Beach...
reviews: 3
Xi'an Tour Guide Michael Yang - Recommended!

Michael told me there are many good guides in Xi'an... he is very modest. He guided us (my wife and me) superbly last month and we highly recommend his service. He arranged a great driver (including from/to the airport) and exceeded all expectations as a guide for the Terracotta soldiers, bicycling the Wall, walking and eating at the Muslim quarter, climbing the Drum Tower, and viewing the Tang Dynasty show. Michael is from Xi'an and his knowledge of it's history is deep.

He is a former English teacher and his spoken English is better than most Americans (oddly, it is better than his written emails). He was happy to make a very customized tour for us. More than just a guide, Michael provided insight to today's life in China. Like working hard to put his 12-year-old daughter through private school, or growing up under Mao's influence, or being followed by the Chinese gov't when he was guiding an American official on vacation. We also had very good guides in Beijing, Chengdu, Guilin/Yangshuo and Shanghai, and Michael had the most professional experience of all 5. He was very responsive to emails in arranging our Xi'an trip.

If you choose to contact him, feel free to use my name for special attention. (michaelylw@yahoo.com.cn)

Feel free to contact me with questions. Enjoy China! We found it an amazing place with wonderful people.

Eric

Xi'an, China
reviews: 2
11. Re: Xi'an Tour Guide Michael Yang - Recommended!

If you just visit it ,guide is not needed ,but if you want to know more about chinese history and culture ,a guide is perferable .Have a good time !

xi an
reviews: 28
12. Re: Xi'an Tour Guide Michael Yang - Recommended!

thanks .i just do what i have to do .

13. Re: Xi'an Tour Guide Michael Yang - Recommended!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:05 am, May 12, 2013
xi an
14. Re: Xi'an Tour Guide Michael Yang - Recommended!

hi ,thanks to everyone .but i changed email. new one is michaelylw@sina.com

San Antonio, TX
reviews: 20
15. Re: Xi'an Tour Guide Michael Yang - Recommended!

Michael is a great guide. We had him pick us up at the airport and take us directly to see the Terracotta Warrior Museum. Our flight was delayed but he was there waiting with a clean car and cold bottles of water. He conducted a great tour of the museum and then drove us downtown to the Muslim quarter of the city. He then arranged for a taxi for a member of our party to return to the airport and dropped us off at our hotel. He gave us plenty of information on other sites to see the following day on our own. His English is great and he had some fun stories to share. A super nice guy that was born and raised in Xi'an. Please contact him and say hi for us!

xi an
16. Re: Xi'an Tour Guide Michael Yang - Recommended!

hello .

thank you

all the best

michael yang

Keller, Texas
17. Re: Xi'an Tour Guide Michael Yang - Recommended!

im curious, how much did he charge? and how much is the entrance fee to the warriors?

thanks jim

xi an
18. Re: Xi'an Tour Guide Michael Yang - Recommended!

tour guide in xi an cost 300 yuan per day .

the entrance ticket of terra cotta museum is 150 per person from march to december .120 yuan from december tomarch

Keller, Texas
19. Re: Xi'an Tour Guide Michael Yang - Recommended!

thank you,

20. Re: Xi'an Tour Guide Michael Yang - Recommended!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, June 06, 2014