We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Terracotta Army

Which Xi'an hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
reviews: 1
Terracotta Army

Just got back from a fantastic trip to China, did a lot for research on this site, hope this helps anyone who is also planning a visit.

You can use the public transport to get to this site. I caught the 611 bus 30m west of the Melody hotel to the railway station. You need to get to the east car park, try and locate the big white China Post Office Building.

You need to catch the Tourist Bus Route #5. You will be approached by scammers trying to get on their mini busses, ignore them and head for bus #5. The bus cost Y7 and took 1 hour to get the TC car park. Follow the other Chinese tourist to the ticket office which is a 5 minute walk. Buy your entrance ticket and there is another counter for the electric car ride to the TC complex. You will be pestered by guides, but I didn’t take one. I visited the exhibition hall first. The exhibits were very good but there are too many people taking photos like no tomorrow and spoilt the ambience. Pits 1, 2 and 3 were amazing.

Upon exit follow the signs to way out. There are lots of shops on the way, I ended up on the roadside somehow and caught the bus back to Xian from this point, however I was trying to get back to the car park where the bus had dropped me off on the way in.

Hong Kong
reviews: 88
31. Re: Terracotta Army

Thanks. Planning to do both terra cotta warriors and the pool in one shot. Is there a detailed bus stop listing for 306 on the web? Are there other sights along the bus route you'd recommend to stop for a look?

Asia
reviews: 53
32. Re: Terracotta Army

hkg2009hkg, I'm not sure if bus 306 will stop more than once. I think it only stops at Huaqing Hot Spring before the final stop.

Xi'an, China
reviews: 11
33. Re: Terracotta Army

Hello:

One more infromation, there are two types 306 parking at he same station ( cost same fee) , they are all run between the city and the terra-cotta warriors museum, one with colour pained Green which is tourist express to the worriors museum( only one stop, the Hua qing hot spring about one hour ride), the other one colour pained write and red strip like the public buses( no limitted stop, around two hours ) to the warrriors museum. I thought you took the wrong one.

Hope this can help

xianhistorytourguide

Asia
reviews: 53
34. Re: Terracotta Army

xianhistorytourguide, I took the wrong one but not the 306. It was 914. There were too many people waiting in front of the Train Station so I gave up. I saw 914 stop to take standing passengers when they were full so I just went up and stood. Better than standing at the station for don't know how many hours more LOL. I didn't see any longer queue in my life than this and people were so patient. No fighting. No swearing. Eye opening experience to me :)

I love Xi'an.

35. Re: Terracotta Army

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, May 14, 2014