We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xian Guide Recommendation

Which Xi'an hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
reviews: 32
Xian Guide Recommendation

i just wanted to recommend: Wendy Yang and she is a licensed guide, usually very busy with larger group tours in Xi'an and all over China. Her english is excellent and what is even better she understood all the nuances and a lot of slang. It was great not to have to struggle to understand what my guide was saying and to have her understand me fully. I didnt want to go to the museum at first but she convinced me to since it was free and it turned out to be very interesting. The driver she hired was great also and she remained flexible throughout the trip, and he was very resourceful also. I wanted local food and he brought us to a great local restaurant, where our meal for 3 for only 44cny, and although we offered to pay for him he was too modest to eat with us. He also stopped when he saw a place that sold a special stone bread and told us we should try it. We had a mini van for just the 2 of us so it was nice and roomy for the same price as the car that was offered with other guides. She was such a joy to be around. I was glad i found her. She knew we were on a budget and never pushed us to buy or do things we didnt want to do. Is she recommended a place to visit, she always told us what it cost first to make sure we wanted to go. Wendy's email is: windyg3@gmail.com and you can locate a bio of her on http://xian-travel.com/tour-guide/wendy.html.

Caloundra, Australia
reviews: 1
11. Re: Xian Guide Recommendation

My wife and I had the good fortune to have Wendy Yang as our international tour guide for a recent tour in China. We both found Wendy to be very informative on all questions relating to her country and quite knowledgeable in relation to world affairs in general. She is very humorous and well organised. Her ability to 'mother hen' a large group without screaming, shouting and running abouting was impressive to both of us. We will return to China again and will tour with Wendy or one of her associates only.

12. Re: Xian Guide Recommendation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, March 24, 2014