We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Guilin airport to Yangshuo and rice terrace

Which Guilin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lisboa
reviews: 3
From Guilin airport to Yangshuo and rice terrace

Hi,

Me and my wife are planning days in this area at mid June.

The flight arrive at 18:00 at Guilin airport and return to Shanghai 3 days later, at 12:00.

We are thinking to visit Yangshou and go for a bambo rafting to enjoy the beautifull landscapes.

How about the rice terrace ? Worth a visit or, considering the short stay, it's better to spend more then one day in Yangshuo and skip rice terrace ?

At the moment our itinerary is:

Day 1: Arrive at Guilin airport at 18:00, overnight in Guilin

Day 2: Bus to Yangshuo, then bamboo rafting, return to Guilin

Day 3: Day tour or bus to rice terrace. Back to Guilin

Day 4: Flight from Guilin(12:00) to Shanghai

What you thing ?

12 replies to this topic
Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
reviews: 3
11. Re: From Guilin airport to Yangshuo and rice terrace

Re the rice terraces, your first concern should be those days are the very rain season. Early Jun, rice is just planted, so by mid June rice is still not so big, the scenery is light green with water in fields. If no rain, the trip will be worth it.

Note, June is the very river flooding time for Guilin-Yangshuo area. If too much water, rafting may not available.

Melbourne,Australia
reviews: 10
12. Re: From Guilin airport to Yangshuo and rice terrace

We could not do the rafting when we visited in early April this year due to flooding so went on a longer bike ride instead (interesting though rather muddy because of the rain). However we were able to the rafting so last time we visited in April a number of years ago, again after a lot of rain. It just depends how much they've had recently I guess.

Edited: 4:53 am, May 30, 2014
Reply to: From Guilin airport to Yangshuo and rice terrace
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted