We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding in Yangshou

Which Guilin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Foshan, China
Wedding in Yangshou

Hi,

I was wondering if any Guilin or Yangshuo people could help me…

My partner and I are to have a wedding ceremony in Yangshuo on the 4th of May for a very small gathering of family and friends. We are looking for somebody who speaks English to be the officiant. It won’t be a legal ceremony, we will take care of the legalities in Hong Kong. We are just looking for somebody to lead a ceremony and say the normal wedding vows.

Any ideas of how to locate somebody?

Many thanks,

Chez

guilin
reviews: 22
1. Re: Wedding in Yangshou

Hi chez M

You'd better dial 114 and inquire if any wedding company has register on it.If there's no relevant company,I suggest u to ask the hotel where you'll be for help ,they probably can sort it out.

Wish you a perfect wedding!

Dublin, California
reviews: 30
2. Re: Wedding in Yangshou

How about one of your family or friends?

Foshan, China
3. Re: Wedding in Yangshou

Yeah we already pondered that idea but there is going to be so few of us it would be nice to have someone else do it. Plus we want to make it look a bit more official for our parents as they are flying over from the U.K for it.

We have already asked the hotel and they are struggling to find someone. Is 114 a directory? Do you think they will speak English?

Thanks for replying!

Edited: 2:11 am, February 22, 2013
guilin
4. Re: Wedding in Yangshou

I've tried just now,I guess they don't.

Have patience waiting for the reply of your hotel,I believe they will work it out if they want.

All the best!

Foshan, China
5. Re: Wedding in Yangshou

Oh that was very kind of you. I tried too but to no avail. Yes, fingers crossed our hotel will find someone.

Thanks for all your help!

guilin
6. Re: Wedding in Yangshou

You are welcome!

7. Re: Wedding in Yangshou

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 05, 2014