We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paradesa Yangshuo, Dragon River or Li River retreat

Which Guilin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane
reviews: 15
Paradesa Yangshuo, Dragon River or Li River retreat

Hi

I'm having trouble deciding where to stay in Yangshuo. I read all the reviews and it seems Paradesa is very central but the other two sound very nice too.

I'm a amateur photographer so I would like to stay where the river/karst is close by the hotel so that I can take photo of sunrises/sunset, etc.

Any advice would be really appreciated. Budget is about under AUD80 a night if possible.

I have decided to go straight to Yangshuo after arriving in Guilin. Is it better to organise the transfer with the hotel or is it faily easy to do it by yourself (i.e. catching the bus to get there).

Thanks for your help

Magog, Canada
reviews: 609
1. Re: Paradesa Yangshuo, Dragon River or Li River retreat

There is no bus from the airport, only from Guilin. Have the hotel send a Yangshuo taxi to pick you up. Last time, this cost me 200rmb as compared to 600rmb that the taxis in the lineup will ask you.

Yangshuo is small so you will be close to what you want to do in any hotel except the Retreat which is kind of out of town. You can walk to the river or rent a bicycle for 10 to 30rmb per day.

Last time I stayed at the Magnolia which cost me $40. Not 5-star but good.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Beijing, Lijiang
reviews: 62
2. Re: Paradesa Yangshuo, Dragon River or Li River retreat

Hi cict2011,

I am having trouble deciding too. Seem to change my mind every 5 minutes.

We are staying in town at the Rosewood Inn & then spending a few days out of Yangshuo - probably at the Dragon River.

Annie

Shanghai, China
reviews: 47
3. Re: Paradesa Yangshuo, Dragon River or Li River retreat

For this trip i m staying in Paradesa hotl.Just to save time n more accessible to food as im a lso a glutton.

Montreal, Canada
reviews: 30
4. Re: Paradesa Yangshuo, Dragon River or Li River retreat

If you want a quiet atmosphere,overlooking the river, 15 min.walk from heart of town where you have glorious views of sunrise & sunset, & delicious food on a terrace in a peaceful setting- Li River Retreat's the place to stay. Staff are delightful & rooms are large with balconies.If you want to be in the heart of the madding crowd, stay in town.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Beijing, Lijiang
reviews: 62
5. Re: Paradesa Yangshuo, Dragon River or Li River retreat

Sylvial, I have recently read Lynclarke's & Monica's trip report on Yangshuo on the Fodors site. They too give an excellent description of the Li River retreat & it sounds wonderful. Could almost feel i was there reading their words. So I think I will change my mind once again (woman's prerogative) and join the Li River club!

Frederick, MD
reviews: 196
6. Re: Paradesa Yangshuo, Dragon River or Li River retreat

I have to say I think the walk from the Li River Retreat to town is more like 25-30 minutes. It's a small road (no street lights for night walking). I really enjoyed staying at the Retreat, but wish I had more time there to just sit back and relax.

Monica

PS: I will be posting my Yangshuo photos in a few days on my site: http://www.pileggiphotography.com Check them out! :)

guilin
7. Re: Paradesa Yangshuo, Dragon River or Li River retreat

Since you are amateur photographer, I'd like to recommend two places:

http://www.li-river-retreat.com/index.php

www.yangshuomountainretreat.com/location.html

Most people prefer the Yangshuo Mountain Resteat as it is located near Yulong River where you have chance to take photos of sunrise and sunset.

8. Re: Paradesa Yangshuo, Dragon River or Li River retreat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:20 am, October 11, 2009