We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New regulation concerning visa renewal for China

Which Guangzhou hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Turin, Italy
reviews: 13
New regulation concerning visa renewal for China

Hi everyone,

In the light of the changes in the regulation applied from July 1st 2013, I am having some troubles understanding the right procedure for renovating my China visa. The information centres and travel agencies are not picking up the phone, so has any of you an idea of how to do it?

Specifically, I currently have a 6 months business visa and I would like to renovate/extend/apply for a new one for another 6 months (but preferably more). The number of entries is not important, but it is essential that I can stay in China for long periods, such as 90 days (as I am doing at the moment), so the tourist visa is not an option in my case (the maximum allowed stay in this case is only 30 days, as far as I know).

Looking forward to your posts!

Magog, Canada
reviews: 607
1. Re: New regulation concerning visa renewal for China

My tourist visa is currently for 90 days stays. I once had 120 days but this is rare. Just download the form from your nearest embassy and consulate and follow instructions. Most of the changes dealt with work visas.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Macau
reviews: 204
2. Re: New regulation concerning visa renewal for China

Are you in China at present? Do you have a legitimate business? If so you should be able to renew in the Chinese city where you are based.

If not, my friends are not having any problems now with Shoestring Travel & Forever Bright in HK.

Guangzhou, China
reviews: 119
3. Re: New regulation concerning visa renewal for China

Hi,

Getting a 6 month visa twice in one year is considerably cheaper than a 12 month visa. It all depends on your location in China and if you have the time to travel to renew.

Renewing a 6 month business visa in China can be expensive. Hong Kong is cheaper and actually easier.

If you are in Guangdong then it is best that you travel to Hong Kong and get the visa sorted there. It can be completed in half a day. I usually arrive the afternoon before, take my passport straight into the office and then go and pick it up the next day as I like Hong Kong and hate rushing around. A friend of mine has made the trip from GZ to Hong Kong and back with a new business visa in the same day a few times.

If you are not in China then plan on arriving via Hong Kong.

The place that I have used frequently is right next door to Hung Hom station. They even allow you to leave baggage.

Send me a private message and I will give you the address details and directions of the company that I use.

Joe

beijing
reviews: 5
4. Re: New regulation concerning visa renewal for China

I think 6 month Business visas are available in HK through an agent like Forever Bright, but now they come with 30-day limits for most nationalities. I would not leave China until exhausting the possibilities through agents for F > new F, though I agree it will be expensive. Also contact HK agents (while still in China) to see if they can get you anything with a 90-day stay. May come down to a choice between:

Cheaper Visa with 30 day stays and Expensive Visa Runs vs. Expensive Visa with continuous stay/no runs

5. Re: New regulation concerning visa renewal for China

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, August 25, 2014