We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guangzhou Wholesale Markets

Which Guangzhou hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philippines
Guangzhou Wholesale Markets

Where in Guangzhou can I find good wholesale markets for garments/clothes? And what specific month should I go there for the best summer clothes? Do they have a specific month that specializes on summer clothes? And do they have a Sale? Thank you!

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
reviews: 50
11. Re: Guangzhou Wholesale Markets

I just came back from Beijing road shops to my service apartment on the same road, a shop keeper we knew from past visits told me, "You've gained weight." or direct translation "You are fatter." Didn't bother me, in many cases, that is a compliment, he who has food he who is fat, he who is fat is rich. Nevertheless, that is something you never say in the U.S.

Canton Fair is 2 days away, but Beijing Road is already crawling with foreign buyers. We walked through the Tai Bai counterfeit alley, just like every Canton Fair there are buyers buying fake watches and purses, I see that all the counterfeit stuff are back on the shelves, as I walked down the narrow alleys, "Boss, Gucci!" Boss, watches!" brought back fond memories, I love the high energy. These shop girls have great memories, we have not been there for many years, many remember us from years ago. One hustler on the street knew me too, years ago when my wife was shopping in stores, I waited outside, I chatted with him occasionally as he was busy trying to sell fake stuff to passing tourists.

They told me there was a surprise police raid at 3PM yesterday, "luckily" all the fake stuff disappeared before the raid.

Singapore, Singapore
12. Re: Guangzhou Wholesale Markets

Hi All,

So which month of the year GZ starts selling summer clothes? Thus far, I have gathered that the sales of summer clothes starts as early as the beginning of March every year. Is this true?

Thanks all :)

Edited: 7:55 am, February 04, 2014
Guangzhou, China
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
reviews: 53
13. Re: Guangzhou Wholesale Markets

Some start from beginning of March. The majoritiy come around mid-end of March.

Singapore, Singapore
14. Re: Guangzhou Wholesale Markets

thanks for the advice.

Sg
reviews: 8
15. Re: Guangzhou Wholesale Markets

what time do the wholesale market close usually?

Guangzhou, China
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
reviews: 53
16. Re: Guangzhou Wholesale Markets

at 6 pm.

17. Re: Guangzhou Wholesale Markets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 18, 2015