We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HK-Xiaolan-GZ

Which Guangzhou hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Norway
HK-Xiaolan-GZ

Hi.

Our main plan was to take the train from HK to GZ and depart by plane at Baiyun airport after a few days in GZ.

However, a cousin of mine have asked me and my bf to visit her in Xiaolan. We haven't booked the hotel in GZ or Xiaolan yet.

I think we can:

- first arrive in GZ, book into an hotel

- then take a small trip (1 or 2 days) to Xiaolan

- and then go back to GZ and book into the same or another hotel.

But are there other, maybe smarter, options? Can I maybe take the ferry direct to Zhongshan/Xiaolan? Or maybe go to Xiaolan at the end of our trip, and take the bus direct to the airport from there?

I'll really appreciate it if someone can give me some advices.

Oh, and I speak mainly english, some cantonese and not any mandarin at all. And I can only read some (not many) chinese characters. Will some of the different transportation types be more difficult to use because of that?

Guangzhou, China
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
reviews: 58
1. Re: HK-Xiaolan-GZ

Your primary plan is reasonable but I like more your smart thinking behind the ferry thing as personally I like more efficient and economic travelling routes. :p

Some info for you to make the decision:

From HK airport, you have these options of going to Zhongshan without going through Guangzhou:

1.take the coach to Zhongshan. It takes about 2-3 hours. There are some counters just opposite the HK airport's Arrival A exit where you can find a few operators running between HK airport and mainland China.

2. take the ferry to Zhongshan.

3. take the ferry to Shenzhen Shekou first (if ferry to Zhongshan is not available for your arrival timing), which should take around half an hour, and then from Shenzhen Shekou bus station take a bus to Zhongshan, which takes you 1.5 hour;

4. take the ferry to Zhuhai (an hour) and from Zhuhai to Zhongshan by bus.

You can get more options and details with the HK airport's website: www.hongkongairport.com/CBT/Controller…

For your last question, you can refer to this: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g298555-s302/Guangzho…

2. Re: HK-Xiaolan-GZ

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 am, October 17, 2009