I'm thinking of staying at Azimut hotel (Varshavskoye shosse 9) in early August which is about 10min walk from the Tulskaya metro (which I can't see on the metro map much as I tried, and the Find feature wasn't helping). A few questions:
- Does anyone know how safe it is to walk from the metro stop to the hotel at night for 3 young women- I'm hoping for white nights till 10-11pm, but would be out later as well.
- Does the metro operate 24/7? Is it safe at night?
- Anything special to know about the metro? I can read cyrillics though I don't speak Russian (I can try adding "aya" to Serbian words, that seems to help a lot LOL).
- How far is the hotel from main attractions (Red Sq, Kremlin, etc.) by taxi, and approximately how much (in $ or rubles)?
- Is it safe to walk around at midnight? Does the NY rule of thumb apply in Moscow: if you don't see many people, it's not safe?
- I'm also considering staying at one of the LIke Home Apartments (Paveletskaya or Franzenskaya) but they don't seem to have much track record - how safe are these apartments, and how reliable? I'm a little hesitant to rely on one person who's supposed to give me the key...
Thank you for your help, I appreciate any advice!