We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Double Entry Visa & Re-Entering Russia From EU

Which Moscow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
reviews: 18
Double Entry Visa & Re-Entering Russia From EU

Hi All,

I'm looking to visit the wonderful gem that is Moscow in February, but a nagging question has come across my mind. Before I spend a bunch of money investing in a visa, flights, hotels, etc. I'd like to know if it's possible to do the following:

Double Entry (30 Day) Visa:

Fly from NYC to Moscow

Fly from Moscow to Milan

Fly from Turin to Moscow

Fly from Moscow to New York

All Within 21 days

My confusion comes from the fact some sites (and one or two posts here on TA) say that Double Entry means 1 entry from say America, while the second must come from a CIS nation (i.e. Belarus, Azerbaijan). But on the Russian Consulate's website, it just says "double entry within 30 days".

If someone could clear this up (from experience too would be great).

Thanks!

Moscow, Russia
Destination Expert
for Moscow
reviews: 8
1. Re: Double Entry Visa & Re-Entering Russia From EU

Hi! An entry is an entry, come it from US, Ukraine or Solomon Isles. Two-entry visa means TWO enters. Simple as that.

The differece is coming from Belarus, as we do not have a border control. But you need to have visas to both Belarus and Russia, and they will be checked by the transport authority personnel.

Enjoy!

Phoenix, Arizona
reviews: 2
2. Re: Double Entry Visa & Re-Entering Russia From EU

Vasily is right on. AIM.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 18
3. Re: Double Entry Visa & Re-Entering Russia From EU

So, I thought I'd pass along the answer I got from the Russian Consulate in Toronto:

I was told face to face by the Visa receiving officer that "Double Entry Visa's are only offered to those who exit the Russian Federation, and enter it again from a CIS Nation".

I had to change my itinerary so that once I return to Moscow from Italy, I arrive at Sheremetyevo I arrive at terminal D, the same terminal flight back to JFK departs from, which results in me not needing a visa as I will be in the same terminal for 7 hours I've read.

Can anyone confirm via experience that this is the case?

Moscow, Russia
reviews: 179
4. Re: Double Entry Visa & Re-Entering Russia From EU

The staff of Russian Consulates is notorious for their incompetence. And by the way you don't have to be in the same terminal at SVO to stay there without a visa.

5. Re: Double Entry Visa & Re-Entering Russia From EU

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 02, 2014