We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

buying e-ticket for Sapsan train

Which Moscow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
buying e-ticket for Sapsan train

Can anyone help me navigate the offical Russian railroad website..rzd.ru.to purchase tickets for high speed train? I do not read or write russian.

We are wanting to travel from St Petersburg to Moscow in March 20212

many other agencies offer tickets with such inflated prices

33 replies to this topic
comer, georgia
reviews: 50
21. Re: buying e-ticket for Sapsan train

after my head spinning with all the sights and trying to translate russian, i went with http://www.travelallrussia.com/ i was happy with the price and the ease of ordering. i printed my e-tickets before i left the u.s. but never needed them, just my passport.

Dallas
reviews: 17
22. Re: buying e-ticket for Sapsan train

Your guide for navigating a Sapsan ticket purchase sounds like it would be very helpful. Do you have an updated link to it? I'm getting a 404 message that the link no longer exists.

Thanks!

Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
reviews: 3
23. Re: buying e-ticket for Sapsan train

Are you referring to my guide in the article about trains, ticketing? If so, I did notice the initial link was not working, but I tweaked this and it is working now, as is the link to my guide at Dropbox...

Edited: 9:52 pm, April 05, 2013
Dallas
reviews: 17
24. Re: buying e-ticket for Sapsan train

I was trying the link in the first comment in this thread. I just tried it again and got the 404 message.

Many thanks for drawing my attention to your excellent article in the right-hand column; just tried it and the link worked perfectly.

Great info!

Olympia, WA
reviews: 16
25. Re: buying e-ticket for Sapsan train

In September we will be in St Petersburg for 6 days before taking the early morning Sapsan to Moscow. Is that enough time to purchase tickets or do seats on these trains sell out?

Moscow, Russia
reviews: 179
26. Re: buying e-ticket for Sapsan train

Seats do sell out but 6 days in advance in September might work.

Moscow, Russia
Destination Expert
for Moscow
reviews: 8
27. Re: buying e-ticket for Sapsan train

What stops you from monitoring tickets availiability at www.rzd.ru? Put in your date, and see how much tickets are left. Check tomorrow, or in a week - and see how it goes... This takes less than a minute

Olympia, WA
reviews: 16
28. Re: buying e-ticket for Sapsan train

Great suggestion....Thanks

argentina
reviews: 6
29. Re: buying e-ticket for Sapsan train

Hello I need some help I go to the page, find the ticket and when I try to pay, the credit card is rejected, I have everything ok, credit card ok, money in the bank, credit card verified by visa and spoken to the bank!!!what can I do?

Moscow, Russia
reviews: 179
30. Re: buying e-ticket for Sapsan train

> what can I do?

Nothing, I'm afraid. RZD's bank is known to arbitrary reject cards issued in some countries, most notably the US. Argentina must be in that list too...

Edited: 11:07 pm, July 17, 2014
Reply to: buying e-ticket for Sapsan train
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted