We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Moscow and St Petersberg

Which Moscow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saudi Arabia
reviews: 22
Trip to Moscow and St Petersberg

Greetings people,

I am planning to go to both cities for the first time, for 5 days each.

Need your advice on best hotel (prefer to be close to the red square in Moscow) and in a safe/famous area at St Petersberg.

I am looking for a 5 star hotel, historic or international chain is ok, but safety, security and proximity to famous areas is imperative.

Here from you soon.

Thanks for your time.

Moscow
reviews: 31
1. Re: Trip to Moscow and St Petersberg

Good day!

In Moscow we have number of hotels in 2-10 minutes walk distance from the Red Square choose between Ritz-Carlton Moscow (extreemly expensive), Hotel Baltschug Kempinski Moscow (You can have view to the RS and St Basile), Ararat Park Hyatt Moscow (close to the Big Theatre and 5 mins walk from RS), Marriott Royal Aurora Hotel (7 minutes walk from RS).Also Metropol, National, Savoy are very close to the RS but they are quite old.

For SPB - Grand Hotel Europe - the best one.

Enjoy your trip!

2. Re: Trip to Moscow and St Petersberg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:01 pm, November 16, 2008
Moscow
3. Re: Trip to Moscow and St Petersberg

Hello,

Welcome to Moscow! There are so many hotels but in the center close to Red Square the best are Ritz-Carlton Moscow, Ararat Park Hyatt Moscow, Hotel Baltschug Kempinski Moscow, Marriott Royal Aurora Hotel. There are all 5 stars hotel, safe and famous.

My best wishes to your 5 days tour to Russia.

Azi

St.Petersburg
reviews: 1
4. Re: Trip to Moscow and St Petersberg

In St.Pete I think the choice is:

Grand Hotel Europe

Kempinski Moika, 22

Astoria Hotel

Astoria Hotel is located on St.Isaak’s square (you can have a view of this famous monument from your room). It is the place where all well-known visitors of St.Pete like to stay – you will see the list of them near the elevators. It is elegant place. Rooms are very nice. The only thing I don’t like – breakfast. I wouldn’t call it ‘5 star’. But the rest is perfect.

Grand Hotel Europe is located on Nevsky (the main street of the city). It is huge and old place with some historical atmosphere. By the way, some standard rooms are too small, which is a pity. Breakfast is perfect. Stuff is ok, though too busy sometimes.

Kempinski Moika, 22 is the newest among these three. The location is amazing – it faces the Palace Square (as important as Red Square in Moscow). Rooms are very nice and stylish. Breakfast is not perfect – it is served on the ground floor near the lobby. But in general the atmosphere is very pleasant.

This is my private opinion, based on my own experience.

Have a great trip!

Saudi Arabia
reviews: 22
5. Re: Trip to Moscow and St Petersberg

Thank you very much!

San Francisco...
reviews: 1
6. Re: Trip to Moscow and St Petersberg

Having recently returned from both cities I think you will find five days in each city to be too much. I did not care for either city.

7. Re: Trip to Moscow and St Petersberg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, October 12, 2009