We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time of day to depart Caticlan for Iloilo

Which Iloilo City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
bamban
Best time of day to depart Caticlan for Iloilo

hi all, i'll be taking my wife for a late honeymoon trip to Boracay on the 15th of august and maybe take time to visit iloilo right after. can someone please tell me if there is a direct aircon bus trip from caticlan to iloilo, how much, and is there an overnight trip since i learned that it would take about 6 hours or more.

tnx.. best regards to all!

Manila, Philippines
31. Re: Best time of day to depart Caticlan for Iloilo

Hi Guys, We have to catch our flight in iloilo at 2PM. What's the earliest sched for van/bus to iloilo?

Oslo
reviews: 101
32. Re: Best time of day to depart Caticlan for Iloilo

get the 6 am bus as it takes 6-7 hours....from Cat. to Il. but that, if your lucky will get you there on time but barely if at all... I dont think you can do it. . I advise to sleep there the night before.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
reviews: 177
33. Re: Best time of day to depart Caticlan for Iloilo

There are some major road works in the towns of Dingle and Pototan in Iloilo so travel time is longer than the usual 6-7 hrs.

If I were you I would not travel to Iloilo in the same day.

Oslo
34. Re: Best time of day to depart Caticlan for Iloilo

with Kegs info, stay overnight there as even with the best of circumstances, you may miss your plane.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 203
35. Re: Best time of day to depart Caticlan for Iloilo

Iloilo is too far from Boracay and if your flight is 1400hrs, you have to be at the airport by 1200hrs.

Overnight in Iloilo will be better and you can have a short tour of the city early in the morning before your flight.

Manila, Philippines
36. Re: Best time of day to depart Caticlan for Iloilo

Hi Guys - thanks for all who replied to my post (the one with 2PM flight in Iloilo). I was able to call Ceres Iloilo and they confirmed their first trip from Caticlan to Iloilo is at 5am. If we take that trip, I am at peace we'll have enough time to catch the 2PM flight. I'm really wanting us to spend at least 2 nights in Boracay. Hope this helps to others with the same query.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 203
37. Re: Best time of day to depart Caticlan for Iloilo

Now, pray that the bus is not delayed or break down.

No, I am not trying to be sarcastic but this is what exactly happened when we are on our way from Manila to Banaue.

You never know what's going to happen!

Oslo
38. Re: Best time of day to depart Caticlan for Iloilo

how will you get to Caticlan for the 5am bus....

will that bus leave on time, or be delayed...

what if weather is not good

You are cutting it close and against experienced advice, I wish you luck.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
reviews: 177
39. Re: Best time of day to depart Caticlan for Iloilo

I don't know about today but as of last month you can't get a boat from Boracay to Caticlan before 5am.

If Ceres is a Japanese or Singaporean company I would be more confident that their 5am bus will really leave at 5am.

Los Angeles...
reviews: 40
40. Re: Best time of day to depart Caticlan for Iloilo

cant you change your departure --instead of iloilo--to either caticlan or kalibo..thats what i would do. wife and i took a van from caticlan to iloilo---there was a guy who was sweating bullets because he was cutting it to close to his flight time. but the thing is--flight time from iloilo are sometimes if not often delayed themselves..what airline?