We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lattes near L'Fisher

Which Bacolod hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
reviews: 1
Lattes near L'Fisher

My wife and I will be visiting Bacolod and staying at L'Fisher for a week in February. We would like to satisfy our coffee cravings every morning by finding a place which serves lattes. I hope L'Fisher has lattes. If they don't, do you know of a coffee shop within walking distance where we could get our latte fix?

We would prefer to avoid Starbucks and, instead, enjoy Pinoy lattes. It would be a big plus if the coffee shop had organic maskobado sugar from Bacolod. Did I spell maskobado correctly?

Thanks for your reply.

18 replies to this topic
Denver, Colorado
reviews: 71
11. Re: Lattes near L'Fisher

Jim, while in Bacolod, take a trip to some of the heritage houses in Silay, and a nice side trip to Mambukal hot springs about an hour east of Bacolod, both make for interesting trips from Bacolod.

Seattle, Washington
12. Re: Lattes near L'Fisher

sole2soultravel...Thank you for the clarification. I now realize that Calea appears to be a bakery across the street from the L'Fisher. I'll check out C Cafe for good coffee.

Seattle, Washington
13. Re: Lattes near L'Fisher

Q-Cuppster...Thanks for the tip. I am interested in seeing the area you are talking about. I looked it up on the map and it seems we could easily go there after we tour the rice fields around Bago. Should I be worried about the NPA in that area?

Also, you've given me an idea. I would like to bring home a couple of kilos of Negros roasted coffee beans. I hope to find some organic coffee beans in Bacolod.

Seattle, Washington
14. Re: Lattes near L'Fisher

Hi PHoenix242...Thanks for both of your suggestions. My wife has been to Mambukal a few times and loves it. I've never been there, so we would like to do some hiking here.

I just read the thread about the heritage houses and museums in Silay. It looks like a great place to visit. We already plan to eat at a restaurant in Silay. I forget the name of the restaurant, but my inlaws recommended it. Now I think we'll need to spend more time there and see the sights.

Negros Island...
Destination Expert
for Bacolod, Negros Island
reviews: 83
15. Re: Lattes near L'Fisher

You are welcome, Jim. I wouldn't know if C cafe has good coffee really. I am a tea drinker. But those are the coffee places walking distance to you. Kuppa as suggested by Q would be interesting. It is local blend and the owners are coffee traders as well. But it is a short taxi ride away.

About NPA's, they have been pretty quiet lately and do not resort to kidnapping. Their fight is different. They leave you alone, if ever. With elections coming I would worry more if I am going to Mindanao. ;)

The Heritage houses are interesting. Do not skip the Ramon Hofilena house and request for him to do the tour. Amazing character. Check Lonely Planet for reference.

El Ideal is a good food stop. Get some guapple pies. Yummy. Also cafe 1925. Freshly made churros and chocolate. And ask for info to Emma Lacsons house. The fresh lumpia and the empanada are to die for.

Asia
reviews: 24
16. Re: Lattes near L'Fisher

Hi Jim,

Sole is correct. The owners of Kuppa are traders and the have a roaster in their cafe. Maybe you could ask them to roast for you?

Another source is NISARD (Negros Island Sustainable and Rural Development Foundation) that has been assisting organic farmers on the island. They source the coffee from local organic farmers and roast them. More info and contacts at http://www.nisard.net/home/

Q

Seattle, Washington
17. Re: Lattes near L'Fisher

sole2soultravel & Q-Cuppster...

You guys are giving us some great ideas not only for coffee, but for restaurants and sightseeing too. Thanks.

I also enjoyed reading the "Breakfast in Bacolod" thread. I got some ideas from it.

So far, my wife tells me that we are definitely going to eat gambas and batchoy at 21, and enjoy chicken inasal at Manokan. We're also planning on a nice seafood dinner at Pala Pala. I still don't know the name of the restaurant in Silay where we plan to have dinner.

So much good food...so little time!!!

I also want to check out the organic restaurant in back of the provincial building that was on the NISARD link. Thanks for the NISARD link.

I'm hoping Kuppa will sell me a couple of kilos of roasted organic coffee beans! If not, I'll keep looking.

Asia
reviews: 24
18. Re: Lattes near L'Fisher

Jim, pleasure.

Lots of great food in Bacolod. One of my favorites is Pepe's. Everything on the menu is a treat. My favorite though is still the pesto-crusted chicken breast.

Mushu is also an interestig food place as well as a party place on late weekend nights.

In Shopping you can also try wonderful, authentic cansi. It almost melts in your mouth. Yummy!

I envy you already.

Q

Reply to: Lattes near L'Fisher
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted