We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reliable travel and tours for Island Hopping in Cebu

Which Lapu Lapu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 1
Reliable travel and tours for Island Hopping in Cebu

Hi I will be in Cebu with my family this Sept 27-30 , I've been searching online for best travel and tours that offer island hopping in Cebu as well as city tour but i'm skeptical to book as I am afraid the ones I find online are not reliable. Pls. suggest a reliable travel and tours company or even a reliable boatman for our island hopping. Thank you.

the following are the things I want to do in Cebu.

- Island hopping (including pandanon Island/bantayan Island)

- public beach Tingko Beach

-City tour

14 replies to this topic
clare,ireland
1. Re: Reliable travel and tours for Island Hopping in Cebu

Hello ,you could try this company http://www.luzvimindatravelandtours.com/ -they also offer accomodation ,will send you more info by pm

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 591
2. Re: Reliable travel and tours for Island Hopping in Cebu

I used Island Banca Cruises. They have more upmarket boats with bean bags toilets etc.

You can read the reviews on TA.

Tommo

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 202
3. Re: Reliable travel and tours for Island Hopping in Cebu

I too used Island Banca Cruises.

Read the reviews about them in TA.

Singapore, Singapore
4. Re: Reliable travel and tours for Island Hopping in Cebu

Thank you everyone! I am reading more reviews regarding Cebu tours. I made a reservation in Cebu R hotel already and will be using their service for our Cebu day trip. I'll check also the suggestion to use luzvimindatravel and tours , island banca cruise and another one which was recommended also in another forum, the cebutourguide. Appreciate all your suggestions.

San Jose, California
reviews: 13
5. Re: Reliable travel and tours for Island Hopping in Cebu

I also have used Island Banca Cruises and highly recommend them. The bean bags and iPod doc was a nice touch.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 591
6. Re: Reliable travel and tours for Island Hopping in Cebu

You will find the Cebu Island Hopping pleasant and comfortable but the scenery not spectacular like it is in El Nido and Coron.

Tommo

Edited: 7:53 pm, April 27, 2013
Singapore, Singapore
7. Re: Reliable travel and tours for Island Hopping in Cebu

I am now havign 2 thoughts about how I would find Cebu's islands. At first, I was stunned by the beauty of Pandanon Island as I saw a beautiful clean and long shoreline in the internet. Then I saw bantayan,most of the pictures i've seen were gorgeous. But then I was a bit hesitant when I saw a video of it with so many seaweeds on the shoreline. I am planning to check on the public beach as well, Tingko Beach, the photo is inviting as well. But now I am skeptical as to which island is best to visit. I particularly like a powdery fine sand and a clean shoreline. I'd like to try snorkelling too but most important to me is to swim in a clean beach. Hope you all can suggest which Island I better visit. Thanks again!

I am up for beach hopping from May to Sept. This May I will be in Palawan , PP. El nido is next to my list after Cebu.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
8. Re: Reliable travel and tours for Island Hopping in Cebu

As for seaweed, you can't control them so just accept it as part of the island.

Not to mention that sea debris like small corals and waste sometimes being swept up ashore.

Just enjoy your trip.

Edited: 10:37 am, April 28, 2013
Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
reviews: 177
9. Re: Reliable travel and tours for Island Hopping in Cebu

What's wrong with seaweed?

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
10. Re: Reliable travel and tours for Island Hopping in Cebu

Nothing wrong with seaweed.

The problem is all tourists see is a picture of a perfect beach with white sands and sunny days; in a poster.

When they see the black seaweed, the reality and illusion sink in.

You do not always get a beach without seaweed.

Virgin island near Bohol has tons of it when I was there. It is a very different picture that I saw in Google.

After visiting several beaches, I have accepted the fact that seeing a pure clean white beach is all about luck sometimes.

Even Boracay white beach have algae at times.

So as I said, just take it as it is part of the beach.

Reply to: Reliable travel and tours for Island Hopping in Cebu
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted