We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cebu city food and shopping?

Which Cebu City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 10
cebu city food and shopping?

Hi, wanting to know if it is worth spending 4 nights at the end of our 5 wks in the Philippines in Cebu City to shop and eat good food (apart from Filipino food). Usually spend the end of holidays in KL for those things, but flights and funds may not allow it. Is cebu city a good place to finish off do you think? Thanks...

15 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 773
11. Re: cebu city food and shopping?

I agree with S2S. You will have plenty of food and shopping options in Ayala. If you need more jump in a taxi and head off to SM Shopping Centre which isnt far away. .....located next door to Radissons Hotel.

Tommo

philippines
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Philippines, Cebu Island
reviews: 358
12. Re: cebu city food and shopping?

In terms of size, bukit bintang is much larger. Berjaya times square which is just one of the malls in bukit bintang is double the floor area than ayala cebu. Then add the other malls combined, sheer size gives you more selections. In manila, sm megamall, sm north edsa, and sm moa are all individually bigger than berjaya times square. But i find these sm malls in manila too big, too tiring, but that's just my personal experience.

Ayala cebu and sm cebu are just the right size to window shop comfortably, but thst's me.

Edited: 8:22 pm, July 15, 2014
Brisbane, Australia
13. Re: cebu city food and shopping?

Thank you all! Its decided...Cebu it is.

I really appreciate your help! Cant wait for our trip to the Philippines...135 days to go! :)

Leyte Island...
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
reviews: 28
14. Re: cebu city food and shopping?

This site gives information about the biggest malls in the world.

…wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_shopping…

SM Mall and Ayala Mall in Cebu City are listed. No idea about the place you mentioned but there are several there for Kuala Lumpur

By the way, for your kids, there is a large Fun Centre in the bottom level of SM mall which has a mini carousel, mini train ride, mini other rides plus bump cars (dodgem cars) and a pretend steam train that runs the full length of the bottom of the mall. It also has video games, and all the usual entertainment you would expect in a games arcade.

Right next to the fun centre is a huge food court where I go to dine when in SM Mall.

Brisbane, Australia
15. Re: cebu city food and shopping?

Thanks Big Jim... :)

Reply to: cebu city food and shopping?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted