We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cebu half-day tour

Which Cebu City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
hawaii
reviews: 34
Cebu half-day tour

Hello friends! Can anyone suggest a good company to book a half-day tour of Cebu City? My mom wanted something similar to those hop on, hop off tour buses we've been on in other travels.

Or is it possible to walk to see the major sites? Can anyone recommend a good hotel that is within walking distance to Santo Nino Basilica, Magellan's Cross, etc? I checked out Big Jim's website and there seemed to be a good walking tour there but I am unfamiliar with the layout of the city. Thank you!

hawaii
1. Re: Cebu half-day tour

Sorry I forgot to mention re: the hotel that we are looking for something under USD 60 a night that accepts young babies. For the tour, there are 7 adults in our party.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 627
2. Re: Cebu half-day tour

Danny Noy is a highly recommended driver on this forum who I used on my last trip.

Tommo

hawaii
3. Re: Cebu half-day tour

Thank you Tommo, you are always so helpful! I think I saw Danny recommended on Big Jim's page also.

Any recommendations for a centrally located hotels in a good (safe) area? I was looking at Hotel Pier Cuatro but the reviews say the area is bad? Is the Quest hotel better...it is across from a mall, which I like! Or are there any within walking distance to the major sites?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
4. Re: Cebu half-day tour

What is your budget? Asia Travel has the Crazy Rate 5 Star Cebu special worth considering. Its generally located near the Ayala Shopping Centre.

Tommo

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 240
5. Re: Cebu half-day tour

Quest, Tune and Island Stays are just opposite Ayala Mall.

If you have more budget, Radisson Blu will be good.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
6. Re: Cebu half-day tour

I forgot to mention that last time I looked the photo of the Crazy Rates Cebu Hotel matched that of the Marriott Hotel.

Tommo

hawaii
7. Re: Cebu half-day tour

Thank you Tommo! I will look at the Crazy Rate. Appreciate the website recommendation!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 1,161
8. Re: Cebu half-day tour

Here is how to access www.asiatravel.com 'Crazy Rate' for Cebu City as is somewhat difficult to find (the previous large banner ad has disappeared):

book.asiatravel.com/hotel.aspx…

Negros Island...
Destination Expert
for Bacolod, Negros Island
reviews: 83
9. Re: Cebu half-day tour

All the hotels that MH mentioned including Radisson Blu are not walking distance to the major sites you mentioned.

Frankly, walking in that area is highly discouraged. Aside fr the presence of ruffians, the area is crowded, smelly and with the worst condition of streets you would find. Cebu is not a pleasant city to walk around except for Ayala Area or IT park. Even then, the smell of Cebu permeates. So stay somewhere else and hire a van to go to places. For roughly 2000, Golden Prince is near Ayala Mall.

Los Angeles...
reviews: 7
10. Re: Cebu half-day tour

I'm sorry where can I get more info about this travel agency.