We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I know this is a shot in the dark, but...

Which Cebu City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
nh
reviews: 51
I know this is a shot in the dark, but...

I hope someone can help me. We are a diehard soccer family living in the US. We have collected a number of used soccer cleats from our children's teams and are willing to bring them to Cebu in February. Are there any soccer players in need of this? We might have 50 or 60 pairs of various sizes. Some high end stuff also. We're not looking to donate them to a well-to-do club, but instead to a needy organization

Anybody?

Leyte Island...
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
reviews: 23
1. Re: I know this is a shot in the dark, but...

Here are my thoughts.

I have heard of people playing soccer in Cebu City but in 17 years, i am yet to see a soccer pitch.

The average Filipino knows nothing about soccer.

So, In my opinion, the people who will be playing are from the better off families such as expats from the UK and other soccer playing nations.

However, I found this by googling

www.facebook.com/CebuQueenCityFC…

They will have a better idea of the state of soccer in Cebu City

Regards: Jim

nh
reviews: 51
2. Re: I know this is a shot in the dark, but...

Thanks Jim!

Oslo
reviews: 108
3. Re: I know this is a shot in the dark, but...

many of the soccer games I have seen at or thru the international schools etc no one wears cleats...cleats are not common here...

philippines
reviews: 320
4. Re: I know this is a shot in the dark, but...

I donated around 4 pcs kids soccer shoes to the Cebu City Sports Commission, headed by Edward Go of Dancesports fame. But this was during the time of Mayor Tommy Osmena's administration. I don't know if he is still the one in charge. He accepted donations to provide for their grassroots program.

There are two tournaments in Cebu: Thirsty Cup and Aboitiz Cup. These are age-group tournaments that are participated by schools and clubs. Schools include those coming from public/government schools. I've seen the shoes on these players and they surely need better equipment.

philippines
reviews: 320
5. Re: I know this is a shot in the dark, but...

Here is an article about Edward Go's CCSC activity. In this article, he is called Edward Hayco. It's the same person. It seems he is still involved.

…blogspot.com/2011/11/fair-play-ed-hayco-tem…

6. Re: I know this is a shot in the dark, but...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, December 21, 2012