We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Cebu for 3 days trip, 6 pax

Which Cebu City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
SG
Where to stay in Cebu for 3 days trip, 6 pax

Hi, I will be travelling with my friends to Cebu on February. Do you know any place where we could stay, preferably a house or something like that. Or any hotels that can accommodate 6 pax in 1 room.

Also, in which part of Cebu should we be staying that has great access to the sites and beaches?

Thanks!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 780
1. Re: Where to stay in Cebu for 3 days trip, 6 pax

If you want to be near the beaches you need to stay at Mactaan.

A 3 bedroom apartment is available at Crown Regency Mactaan but unfortunately its not located on the beach,

crownregencyhotels.com/suites/location.php

Tommo

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 1,388
2. Re: Where to stay in Cebu for 3 days trip, 6 pax

What is your budget per night per room, or total nightly budget per night?

Barcelona
3. Re: Where to stay in Cebu for 3 days trip, 6 pax

When we went to Cebu we stayed in Crown Regency. I think its around 4000php for a bedroom with 2 king size beds? we were 4 in the room back then.

SG
4. Re: Where to stay in Cebu for 3 days trip, 6 pax

Hi, thanks to all who replied.

Budget is around P4,000/room/night. We are also okay in taking up 2 rooms instead. I'm looking at Sampaguita Suites-Plaza Garcia Location. Is this a good location and hotel? Based on the reviews and photos, it's a good one. Any other recommendations?

Thanks!

Butte
reviews: 35
5. Re: Where to stay in Cebu for 3 days trip, 6 pax

Sampaguitta suites is a good budget option. Hotel diplomat also close to Fuente Osmena is a good safe clean option. I also stayed at Elegant circle in right on Fuente Osmena, also a good clean central option. Close to Ayala centre, 50 to 60php for taxi. Try Hotels combined.com or also agoda.com

Leyte Island...
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
reviews: 28
6. Re: Where to stay in Cebu for 3 days trip, 6 pax

There is a Sampaguitta suites near Fuente Osmena but the Plaza Garrcia Sampaguitta suites is not near Fuente Osmena, it is downtown near the Sto Nino Basilica.

It is close to half a dozen historical sites. It is close to Colon, the oldest street in the Philippines with 3 large department stores, several large supermarkets, many cinemas, many fast food restaurants, some open 24 hours, such as McDonalds. Many other places to eat. many other stores and quite a lot of night life, mostly catering for Filipinos.

If you are going to stay in that part of town, might as well stay where I do, at the Cebu Century Hotel. It is P860, good for four, for a family room the size of a double garage with aircon, cable TV, free wifi, free local telephone calls, room service until 3am and private bathroom with hot water in the morning and the evening, There is free ice and free filtered water available from the room boys until 11pm. A fridge is P60 a night extra. Extra beds are something like P140 per night. There have been 9 of us in a family room in the past. Last month, there were 8 of us in a family room. 5 adults and 3 kids. However, you should be aware that the hotel is too low class for some foreigners but I have been happy there for 15 years.

Regards: Jim Sibbick

Butte
reviews: 35
7. Re: Where to stay in Cebu for 3 days trip, 6 pax

Thanks for the correction Big Jim, my mistake on plaza garcia location, I personally would still stay uptown not downtown, as you yourself commented hotel and location does not suit some foreigners,

SG
8. Re: Where to stay in Cebu for 3 days trip, 6 pax

Thanks for all your replies...

So between these, which one do you think should I choose:

Paragon Suites

Hotel Fortuna

Casa Escano

Gran Tierra Suites

Fuente Oro Business Suites

Checked the reviews... almost all have the same ratings. So, any suggestions?

Thanks!

9. Re: Where to stay in Cebu for 3 days trip, 6 pax

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:25 am, July 10, 2011