We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eco-tourism, more nature from Davao

Which Davao City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong, China
reviews: 6
Eco-tourism, more nature from Davao

Friends,

we are from city. Shall stay in Drifters (2N),Paradise island of Samal(2N) and then Crown Regency (2N). Expct to be closer to the nature even having to take 2-3 hrs driving time for our day tour. Eden nature park(may visit) seems a bit artificial to us.

-Any of your experience that can be recommended to us?

-we like palawan-sabang, port barton, coconut garden (not PP). Will there be any suburban area that can balance our days of shopping time within Davao city?

-The closer to the nature,old villages, simple lifes, more birds the better.

All suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks

davao
reviews: 16
1. Re: Eco-tourism, more nature from Davao

Instead of Eden Nature Park, try Camp Sabros in Davao del Sur. Zip line, rappeling, cable ride-- situated in the rustic village of Kapatagan at the foothills of Mt. Apo, the country's tallest peak.

Shopping in Davao City is abundant. Batik, pearls, t'boli prints, malongs in aldevinco area. There are also large malls : SM, NCCC, Gaisano, and there's Victoria Plaza for cheap finds.

The Malagos Bird Park has a bird show, the Crocodile Farm has a snake and crocodile show, there is the Butterfly Park, and there is also white-water rafting in Maa.

Hong Kong, China
2. Re: Eco-tourism, more nature from Davao

I want to go to Camp Sabros. Can catherinalove or any other TA advise me some web-site of reliable tour agency that offer day tours to the said camp. I have difficulty to google. Thanks i advance.

Saipan, Mariana...
reviews: 66
3. Re: Eco-tourism, more nature from Davao

You have to check out the Eagle Preserve and the bat colony on Samal Island. It is like something out of Hollywood. Litterally, millions of bats!

Hong Kong, China
4. Re: Eco-tourism, more nature from Davao

Sure, We shall be in Samal for 3D/2N. Shall hire a tricycle(if that is the transportation means) to visit those places. Samal is an unknown to me except those famous resort. Just try.

Saipan, Mariana...
reviews: 66
5. Re: Eco-tourism, more nature from Davao

Trike will work. You can also rent motor bikes for the day and buzz around the island. Kinda fun.

Go to the major tuna wet market in Davao. Pretty interesting. You can see them unloading the biggest tunas you have ever seen. You can purchase there as well and the folks at Drifters can BBQ it for you if you like that.

Fruiot markets are also advised to visit. Remarkable exotic selections.

Davao
6. Re: Eco-tourism, more nature from Davao

you may want to experience world record holding natural treasures of Davao, like the world's rarest eagle at the Philippine Eagle sanctuary in Malagos, Calinan, the world's largest fruit bat colony near Babak, Samal Island, the country's only sea turtle sanctuary located in a highly urbanized city, and of course everyone can glimpse of World Heritage Site, Mt. Apo. Perhaps the nearest you can get to the mountain would be Camp Sabros zipline in Kapatagan, Davao del Sur, and don't forget to visit also a very unique arthouse nearby with the landscape virtually transformed by its artist-resident into a large canvas, the Agong House.

Davao
7. Re: Eco-tourism, more nature from Davao

oops, forgot to mention the sea turtle sanctuary is in Matina Aplaya, there's not much facilities there and supposedly restrcited but you can request, actually I haven't been there too but it's worth your try as it's a rare treat.

8. Re: Eco-tourism, more nature from Davao

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 pm, October 14, 2009