We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

my Davao trip...

Which Davao City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
hong kong
reviews: 2
my Davao trip...

Hi All,

I am going to visit Davao soon.

My trip is only 5 days.

I will spend my 1st two nights in Drifter.

Should I spend 1 night in Samal Island? Or just a day visit? Is it worth to stay in Samal Island?

I am a single female traveler. I would like to stay near to the city where I can do some shopping. Should I choose Casa Leticia or tower Inn??

Pls advise.

Tiffany

france
1. Re: my Davao trip...

Yah.! Don't miss it tour in Samal Island...It's a nice beaches there.If you want to stay near in shopping, then Casa Leticia is better for you.For your 5 days staying in Davao you can visit a lot of lovely places in Davao like, Eden, Eagle Park, Malagos Garden, Pearl Farm etc..it depends of your energy!

Welcome and Enjoy Your Trip In Davao!!

Davao City...
2. Re: my Davao trip...

I would suggest against spending one night in Samal Island if you're traveling alone. There's practically nothing to do in Samal at night. Do join one of the island-hopping trips around Samal/Talikud islands.

Given the choice between Casa Leticia and Tower Inn, I would go for Tower Inn.

1. It's cheaper.

2. Both are smack in downtown Davao City, but Tower Inn is nearer to an "exit point". That means you don't have to spend a lot of your time stuck in traffic and can get out of the downtown area quicker.

Saipan, Mariana...
reviews: 66
3. Re: my Davao trip...

Just stay at Drifters the whole time and do day trips. It is nice and convenient enough.

UK and worldwide
reviews: 7
4. Re: my Davao trip...

Yes, I agree with Goodpace, stay in Drifters, its only 20 mins taxi from the city centre and as its on the outskirts of the city its cleaner and quieter (downtown Davao is not the best place to stay). If you can afford the Pearl farm on Samal I would book a day trip there as it is a fantastic place. Not sure if I would stay over night though as it is dead when the sun goes down. The boat leaves very close to where your staying in Drifters, as does the boat for Paradise Island (also on Samal). Enjoy

Cebu Island...
reviews: 62
5. Re: my Davao trip...

Ditto on previous posters, nothing much going on in Samal, especially these months when it's not summertime. A day trip will be enough.

Between Casa Leticia and Tower Inn, the deciding factor would be the rates i guess. Casa has lots of restaurants for its neighbors though and it's right across the People's Park which you can also pay a short visit. With either, transpo won't be much of an issue, either taxi or jeep.

Shopping you can just do by going by taxi or jeep. Everything is close by. Go to Aldevinco for some souvenirs (alhtough it's quite funny you will find many things there that are made in thailand. :)

6. Re: my Davao trip...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, August 10, 2009