We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 days 2 nights in Davao

Which Davao City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles, CA
reviews: 1
3 days 2 nights in Davao

Hi! I need help in organizing our 3 days/2 nights stay in Davao. My boyfriend and I are going there in September for the first time.

We wanted to go to: Philippine Eagle Centre, Crocodile Park, Malagos Garden Resort, Mount Apo area...any other cool places to go? Other activities? Are they open on Sundays?

Is it better to stay in Marco Polo on our first night and then go to Pearl Farm for the next night or the other way around?

Btw, since our flight gets in early on a Sunday, I was thinking of going to church. I saw in one of the sites that there is a cathedral there. Does anybody know the mass times?

Thank you in advance for all your help.... (",)

Northam, Western...
reviews: 3
1. Re: 3 days 2 nights in Davao

Hello, it sounds like you will be very busy on your vacation. I don't know if you will have time to do everything you want.

Crocodile farm is not very big and doesn't really take long to visit. It's interesting to see the crocodiles though. Also it's next to the river which is lovely to sit beside. I took a taxi to it.

Malagos is about a 40 minute taxi ride. I don't know how easy it is to get to by jeepney. We hired our taxi driver for most of the day for a fixed price and had him wait for us. Malagos Garden resort is nice to wander around and it has lovely gardens and some eagles and ostriches. Food was expensive in the restaurant there.

Don't know mass times at the Cathedral in the morning. Went there at about 5.30pm on a Sunday and a mass was just finishing. It was extremely crowded around that area.

I think go to Pearl Farm on afternoon of second day. You probably won't want to leave again.

I liked Jack's Ridge to eat and look at the views of Davao.

Cebu Island...
reviews: 62
2. Re: 3 days 2 nights in Davao

issa813,

hi there, here are my suggestions for you:

day 1 arrive davao, check in at marco polo hotel,

then take a taxi to the cathedral, i'm not quite familiar with the mass schedules but if you say you are ariving in early, the i'm sure you can still catch the mass. i just dn't know if it will be in english or cebuano, though, there are alternate schedules for that from what i remember.

from mass you can proceed to eden mountain resort and grab lunch there, you can spend the rest of the afternoon touring the place. i suggest that if you go to eden mountain resort, u don't need to go to malagos anymore as they are more or less similar, although my personal preference is eden being more varied in its offers for activities (fishing, swimming, horsebackriding, pinoy games)

from eden, you can come down at around 3pm and head for philippine eagle center....a few meters before that will be the malagos garden resort, so if you are still interested u can make a quick stopover.

you can come back to downtown before evening and probably enjoy good filipino food at the many good restaurants in the city. for pinoy food, top of mind will be harana...or for really good chinese seafood, you can go to ahfat or emerald at the victoria plaza. marco polo has good buffet at cafe marco too.

day 2 head for pearl farm and enjoy rest of your day at the resort.

other activities you can do although it might be difficult to squeeze in are white water rafting or island hopping.

i hope this helps, i'll be glad to help if you have more questions.

Los Angeles, CA
reviews: 1
3. Re: 3 days 2 nights in Davao

goodwood295: thank you very much for your help. I think you're right about us having a busy vacation...I hope that everything will work out fine even if we have a very tight schedule.

tambalyn: thank you very much for the nice schedule that you gave. I think we are going to do that schedule. I just hope that we'll have all the energy to get to all the tourist spots then relax in our second day in pearl farm...

Thank you very much!!! (",) I will try to post my experience here when we come back from our davao trip.

4. Re: 3 days 2 nights in Davao

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, September 04, 2009