We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport to Concepcion, Tarlac

Which Tarlac hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 267
Transport to Concepcion, Tarlac

Hi,

May I know how can I travel to Concepcion from either Manila or Clark Airport? If someone can guide me specifically to Malupa, it will be even better.

I was told to take a bus bound for Baguio and alight at a place call Santiago. It is mentioned that this will be better but the problem is I do not even know where is this Santiago!

Thanks in advance.

9 replies to this topic
clare,ireland
1. Re: Transport to Concepcion, Tarlac

look at map - maplandia.com/philippines/… http://wikitravel.org/en/Tarlac#Get_in

Edited: 5:23 am, July 09, 2011
Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
reviews: 201
2. Re: Transport to Concepcion, Tarlac

Correct, take a bus to Baguio as it will pass by Tarlac. I don't know also Malupa as it is just a small district out of hundreds in Tarlac province. For sure the bus driver would be happy to drop you off in any point in Tarlac if just tell him where you will be going as he can suggest you a better way how to get to Malupa.

By the way, what are you going to do or see in Malupa?

3. Re: Transport to Concepcion, Tarlac

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 5:16 pm, July 09, 2011

clare,ireland
4. Re: Transport to Concepcion, Tarlac

i wonder why she disappeared ? maybe she was afraid of something? no wonder wont answer phone. by the way airphils dont offer flights just for 2 days -they have regular flights singapore to manila.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
5. Re: Transport to Concepcion, Tarlac

Hi clareirishman,

Well, what I actually mean that there are discounted fares from Airphils for these two days (10th &11th July).

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
6. Re: Transport to Concepcion, Tarlac

Kegler,

Do you still remember why I wanted to visit Philippines in the first place? The reason is to visit my ex-domestic helper. Weeks before I set-off for Manila, she disappeared.

Now she appeared again and ask me why I did not visit her? The reason she gave me for not picking up my call is "my handphone spoilt."

I almost fainted when I heard this.

So now I know she actually stays in Tarlac, Concepcion and in a small rural place call Malupa.

I was stll wondering should I visit her and by pure coincicdence, Airphil Express is offering tickets to Singapore and vice versa for these 2 days.

Please don't tempt me. :)

Hahahha......

Manila, Philippines
reviews: 55
7. Re: Transport to Concepcion, Tarlac

mousehunt, I really admire you for going out of your way to visit the most unlikely destinations here and using public transportation at that.

I have no recent experience of taking the bus to Tarlac or Baguio (last time was decades ago) but just want to point out that buses to Baguio can either take the old way (MacArthur Highway) or the new way (SCTEx). If you intend to get down in Concepcion from a regular Baguio bound bus, make sure you DO NOT take the bus which goes on SCTEx. SCTEx actually has an exit ramp at Concepcion, but since the buses there are express, they will not exit there. The regular buses on the other hand will go right through Concepcion.

Good luck!

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
8. Re: Transport to Concepcion, Tarlac

Hi haribon01,

Thanks for your advice.

Most probably I will get lost in Concepcion and I really need to have a Plan B if that happens.

The next nearest city will be AC and will definitely will have to find my way there before nightfall!

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
reviews: 201
9. Re: Transport to Concepcion, Tarlac

Why don't you contact her prior your arrival. I am sure she wants to fetch you at the airport. Let her do that so you would experience the real Filipino hospitality from the moment you step out of the airport.

Reply to: Transport to Concepcion, Tarlac
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted