We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A victim of CLUB ASTORIA, Philippines

Which Pasig hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cebu Island...
A victim of CLUB ASTORIA, Philippines

Club Astoria, is one of the company that offers holiday membership. I and my husband were invited for a free dinner and were to claim a free stay good for two in las vegas/thailand/puerto princess and the like. before we receive the said accomodation,we were to attend a two hour presentation about club astoria.

the presentation was good, i feel for the trap. I was to pay 20,000 pesos for the reservation but was charged up to 36,000 pesos instead. 9 hours to 2 days after november 11, 2011, my husband informed the manager that we decided not to continue anymore. The manager told us that we should think about it. After a weeks time we did informed and was told that our account was currently freeze, no other charges will be collected and a refund will be given since it was still within the 15 days cooling period.

Until today (January 7, 2012), no refund was given. Our other request such as: notarized copy of the agreement, membership ID was not given/mailed. This were some of the reasons that I and my husbad finally decided to stop the said membership. I tried to contact their customer service but was told that no refund will be given for such cancellation when infact we already communicated to them. May this be a lesson for all of you. Please be careful. Learn from this mistake. If someone offers you this please do think a billion times before deciding. If you have internet connection at home please do read more about the company. My experience is bad and i don't know for the others who are/were invited. I felt that I am a victim :(

Jersey City, New...
11. Re: A victim of CLUB ASTORIA, Philippines

I agree with jennydj. We bought our membership last 2009. So far, it is worth it -- especially with the RCI. A friend who bought their vacation club membership from another resort even said we got a good deal with Club Astoria. As they compared our memberships, they wished they had known club astoria before.

They are very aggressive in their marketing though.

If you could take weeks off on vacation and could afford it, give it a go.

Jersey City, New...
12. Re: A victim of CLUB ASTORIA, Philippines

to 264261victim. i hope the customer service knows what they were talking about when they said they could not give you any refund. Just hoping and praying they already refunded your money by this time.

13. Re: A victim of CLUB ASTORIA, Philippines

Thanks to this info.

My sister is about to meet them this afternoon, and exactly same approach. It happen I came to be curious when I heard my sister so exited about this CLUB ASTORIA, I told her to just do some research , I'm worried so now I'm doing a survey And it is really a SCAM. I saved my sister!

--nuggets

Subic, Philippines
reviews: 12
14. Re: A victim of CLUB ASTORIA, Philippines

Hi everyone. I wanted to provide an update on this Club Astoria thing. Along with the membership package, they gave us a voucher to use for Boracay Astoria. I called up to reserve for my trip on Feb 2013 and they came back to me the same day with a confirmation. It does work, no scam there. But yes, marketing trick is really annoyingly aggressive. Not much discounts, you just basically pay for your hotel room a year in advance.

Stay tuned for more updates!

boracay
15. Re: A victim of CLUB ASTORIA, Philippines

#5, they wouldn't let you leave? They locked you in??

philippines
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Philippines, Cebu Island
reviews: 358
16. Re: A victim of CLUB ASTORIA, Philippines

i also availed their membership, but for Astoria Manila. They have several versions. Mine is for Manila and when Astoria Bohol opens. I can't trade mine for Astoria Boracay. If you want Boracay, its a different membership. I have successfully stayed in their Pasig hotel already, and there was no problem.

Yes, their marketing gimmick is very insistent. They will not let you go, even if they hold on to you for 2 hours or so. That is if there is any chance for them to reel you in, they won't let you go.

Looking back, I would rather NOT get a membership. Now, I am locked in to pay their annual fees which comes with several nights stay in either Pasig or Bohol. If you are the type who frequents Manila, get a Manila membership. If you frequent Boracay, get a Boracay membership. But for me, I regret getting it for the reason that it limits my flexibility. How will you know several years from now if you will always go to manila? Or go to Boracay? Every year?

boracay
17. Re: A victim of CLUB ASTORIA, Philippines

How do they not let you go, exactly? You physically can't leave the building? No offense but if I was treated like that, there is no way on earth I would sign anything.

Oslo
reviews: 122
18. Re: A victim of CLUB ASTORIA, Philippines

Club Astoria also has a great promo for the El Rio Bachelors Pad Hotel in Davao, ahh!!

Edited: 9:19 am, October 15, 2012
alkhobar
reviews: 8
19. Re: A victim of CLUB ASTORIA, Philippines

Last August 2012, Astoria touts are crawling Station 2 like ants. "Sir, have you been invited to a free buffet lunch by Astoria?" in every 10 meter of walking.

boracay
20. Re: A victim of CLUB ASTORIA, Philippines

I tend to avoid station 2 as much as possible. There's always someone hassling or harassing you in that area, every few seconds when walking, and every few minutes if seated on the beach.