We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Re: anyone familiar with club astoria holiday ownership?

Which Pasig hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
davao
Re: anyone familiar with club astoria holiday ownership?

thank you for having this site to read about the comments about this club astoria thingy.my expectations are really messed up becoz earlier this morning my hubby texted me that he won a dinner for two at club astoria from a raffle in a gasoline station.i admit i was kinda excited bcoz it is our first time to have dinner in a posh hotel.but my skepticism forced me to search out the venue and i found out that there is no restaurant nor a cafe in that hotel.so i texted him to text me the specific details written in the stub and who is the sponsor.when my hubby replied, i searched through the internet and i admit i'm quite allured of what i saw.yeah!it was really eye-catching coz of the beautiful sceneries but then again i was really skeptical about the concept of the club so i went on researching and digging out facts and then i came across to this site where i read all of the comments posted.

now i will inform my husband that this was all part of a big joke.i am nothing against the promo or whatsoever but i am just expressing out my sentiments to whoever made up this marketing strategy.we are not that rich and we do not have enough money so why keep on preying people just to give them false hopes and disappointments.and to those who receive and may receive text messages same as what we have received,maybe we should think twice about it.

thank you Trip Advisor for this website.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 1,388
1. Re: Re: anyone familiar with club astoria holiday ownership?

Obviously the OP has read the previous comments made on two TA threads, so I am unsure why this TA member has headed the thread 'Is anyone familiar with Club Astoria..?' because the OP has answered their own question.

Nonetheless, here are (two) links to previous discussions thanks to the research abilities of the ever helpful and courteous TA member tommomelbourne:

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g298453-i9643-k…

Edited: 6:42 am, January 04, 2011
Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
reviews: 201
2. Re: Re: anyone familiar with club astoria holiday ownership?

If you decided to visit them then you will get a free dinner as promised but be prepared for a sales talk regarding their timeshare business.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 780
3. Re: Re: anyone familiar with club astoria holiday ownership?

Thanks Victorianlad for your always kind comments.

Ive been to many timeshare presentations in Australia and got my 'freebies' and frankly Im over the presentations. Generallly around 60-90 mins.

I am a timeshare owner myself and have purchased my timeshare 'second hand' at bargain basement prices. I have used this to exchange for destinations around the world and with Australia. I purchased my 2 weeks at A$1500.

My advice is to be cautious to ensure that you do not pay to much.

Tommo

Edited: 5:50 am, January 06, 2011
4. Re: Re: anyone familiar with club astoria holiday ownership?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:26 am, July 06, 2011