We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of Yellow Airport Taxi to Legazpi Village??

Which Makati hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
reviews: 12
Cost of Yellow Airport Taxi to Legazpi Village??

Hey there,

We came back from Terminal 1 last night at about 8.20pm. There was no traffic and the taxi cost us 550 peso, which seems excessive as we paid less than half that on the way there on Friday morning. We've never paid that much before and I'm wondering if the meter was a bit dodgy?

It was a yellow taxi and I know the flagfall is more expensive (70p compared to 40p), but is the rate more as well? By the time we hit Skyway, we were almost at 400 peso. We took a yellow taxi from Terminal 2 less than 2 weeks ago and it was less than 300 peso.

It would have been cheaper for us to use the coupon taxis (440 peso), which seems odd.

Any thoughts?

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
reviews: 177
1. Re: Cost of Yellow Airport Taxi to Legazpi Village??

Php550 is too much, even Php400 is a little bit high if the traffic is light.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 1,150
2. Re: Cost of Yellow Airport Taxi to Legazpi Village??

steph, one trick you can use at T1, T2 and T3 is to go upstairs to the departures level. You should find a white street (not coupon) taxi whose driver may be only too pleased to convey you. Make sure that they switch their meter on: I usually say 'meter po' and while most have already complied, a few then decide to comply. Occasionally I reassure them that they'll get a tip at the end of a direct trip.

makati
3. Re: Cost of Yellow Airport Taxi to Legazpi Village??

about 300pesos

Baguio, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 234
4. Re: Cost of Yellow Airport Taxi to Legazpi Village??

Sad to say, but Welcome to Manila!

As usual, unfortunately, the taxi cheated you.

(see - as a Baguio resident, I cannot help bragging about our honest taxi drivers! he he!)

In a metered white taxi from the airport, it would have cost even lesser. Unfortunately metered taxis are difficult for a first time traveller to spot (It took me a few trips and a few questions to other TA users to find where to get tehm)

If it is some solace, the taxi drivers scam anyone from outside Manila (not just foreigners) :(

The good part is that cheats get lesser as you go away from Manila into other parts of Philippiens!

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
5. Re: Cost of Yellow Airport Taxi to Legazpi Village??

I love taxi drivers in Baguio City because they are very honest, but I love their Davao City counterparts more ;-)

Baguio, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
6. Re: Cost of Yellow Airport Taxi to Legazpi Village??

:)

As the cliche goes... it is more fun in Baguio taxis, but it is even more fun in Davao taxis

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
7. Re: Cost of Yellow Airport Taxi to Legazpi Village??

Actually they are all honest (Baguio and Davao) but the taxis is Baguio are most not airconditioned because of the cool climate so you are exposed to the pollution specially along Session Road.

Oslo
reviews: 108
8. Re: Cost of Yellow Airport Taxi to Legazpi Village??

IT will cost you a yellow taxi P190 to about 240 to Legaspi from terminal 1. Do not go the bridge or skyway as most will try. That is longer and can entail more traffic. We do this trip often.

Baguio, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
9. Re: Cost of Yellow Airport Taxi to Legazpi Village??

I hope some day sessions road will be a "pedestrians only" road.

I know it will never happen (no one is even thinking on those lines at the moment), but one can hope - right?

10. Re: Cost of Yellow Airport Taxi to Legazpi Village??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, August 02, 2014