We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

'Halal' dining places in Makati.

Which Makati hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
'Halal' dining places in Makati.

Hi all,

I'll be on a business visit to Makati for about three weeks. I will be staying around the Greenbelt area, St. Giles Hotel perhaps. I'd like to find out from other travellers or even the local in this forum if I can find 'Halal' dining places aroung Makati area. I've Googled and found some useful infos on the local cuisine. I'd love to have the opportunity to try 'Halal' local food given the chance!

Hoped to get some replies soon. Thanks in advance dear all!

Regards,

Mohamad

7 replies to this topic
Oslo
reviews: 99
1. Re: 'Halal' dining places in Makati.

ITs available and I Often see signs for it at restos, but failed to make a note which ones I saw it at.

By the way, its not local food, but you can find it.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
reviews: 178
2. Re: 'Halal' dining places in Makati.

Most of the halal restaurants that you will find are offering Middle Eastern cuisine as Indonesian and Malaysian cuisine is not that popular yet.

Makati, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 157
3. Re: 'Halal' dining places in Makati.

if you're staying at St. Giles, you need not worry. You'll find Al Batra Restaurant and Coffee Shop just diagonally across the street from the hotel, sits atop the 7-11 and Pizza Hut. It's quite large and is open 24 hours. Also located nearby is Berjaya Hotel which likewise serves Halal. There are a couple others such as Ziggurat and Hossein's (http://www.hosseins.com/) located just a short walk from St. Giles. Like Berjaya Hotel, St. Giles is owned and operated by Malaysians, perhaps you can ask them as well if they have Halal food available.

Edited: 10:13 pm, May 11, 2013
Singapore, Singapore
4. Re: 'Halal' dining places in Makati.

Thank you leftovertoo. Appreciate your reply..

Singapore, Singapore
5. Re: 'Halal' dining places in Makati.

That's what I noticed. Most Arab cuisines. Thanks kegler747!

Singapore, Singapore
6. Re: 'Halal' dining places in Makati.

bryantpark88...thanks so much for this info! Yes I'm staying in St. Giles. Found Al-Batra just now and I found they're a bit pricey. I will definitely find out the places you've mentioned. And update here when I have the time.

Thanks so much all for the replies!

Jakarta, Indonesia
7. Re: 'Halal' dining places in Makati.

Actually, this one is quite good too :) It's Indonesian food, and as you know, most of -local- Indonesian food is halal. munchpunch.com/warung-indo-salcedo-village. Or if you got such difficulties to find any, I'd rather eat junk food. It's guaranteed as chicken, right? :D

Reply to: 'Halal' dining places in Makati.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted