We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the best way from the airport to Makati ?

Which Makati hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
los angleles
What is the best way from the airport to Makati ?

I will be going to the Philippines for the first time and im pretty sure i will be staying in Makati. I'm wondering is there a airport shuttle? or what is the best way to get there? thxs for any help.

Dumaguete City...
reviews: 1
1. Re: What is the best way from the airport to Makati ?

taxi's are very cheap,,,just make sure they start and use the meter before you close the door or get out and get another cab...they always charge more when not using the meter..

Do you have a room,,,,I just booked a pension house in makati for 1050 peso...good luck

flywithdanno

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Manila
reviews: 117
2. Re: What is the best way from the airport to Makati ?

Cab is alright if you know your way around. But for first timers, I think it would do you good to get the airport taxi for safety reasons. Some cabs do take advantage especially foreigners who doesn't know their way around. Airport taxis charge a flat rate.

houston
3. Re: What is the best way from the airport to Makati ?

Whats the average taxi fare,to and from the Airport?

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Manila
reviews: 117
4. Re: What is the best way from the airport to Makati ?

More or less $2 from airport to Makati

Manila
5. Re: What is the best way from the airport to Makati ?

at the terminal 1 arrival lobby (right after the baggage claim area), there are transportation counters and they have standard rates. These are accredited by the Philippine Department of Tourism (DOT). The rate may be higher compared to a cab but it's safer rather than negotiating with taxi cabs outside the terminal. Tipping is customary but it's optional. If you want to give a tip, US$1 would suffice and if you feel like giving more, that would be fine

Manila, Philippines
reviews: 14
6. Re: What is the best way from the airport to Makati ?

You can't hail a "regular" cab when arriving at the airport. There are so called accredited taxi counters at the arrival area (Avis, Nissan, etc.). What normally would cost $2-3 from the airport to Makati, they'd charge you almost double. But if this is your first time, it is safest to get the accredited taxis from the airport. Once you are out of the airport, taxis are everywhere to get you around.