We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Titicaca Catamaran Cruise

Which Puno hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong, China
reviews: 1
Titicaca Catamaran Cruise

Does anyone know the rate of Transturin Titicaca Catamaran Ceuise (2D1N) from Puno to La Paz? It is not listed in Transturin website and when queried on email, they replied could not be answered at the moment as they were moving office. If it it too pricy, can I do similar activities on my own and is 3D2N just adequate time to spend on La Paz?

california
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Palm Desert
reviews: 143
1. Re: Titicaca Catamaran Cruise

I was there a few years ago, I believe the price has gone up, it should be something like $250 just for the day cruise only. It will be even more for the overnight. There is also another agency, Turisbus, connected with Hotel Rosario that offers these types of packages. Their boat is smaller (I think Transturin has the nicer boat). Also expensive, but I think they will be able to reply with pricing (should be similar).

gruporosario.com/turisbus-tours/…sun-island

Try contacting this agency in Puno,I used them to buy the tickets, they may know offhand.

http://www.peru-titicaca.com/ubicacion.html

On your own, you can go by bus from Puno to Copacabana, and then take the local ferry to Sun Island. There are places to stay in both Copacabana and Sun Island. Then you take another bus to La Paz. What you can't do on your own, is the longer cruise from near the Bolivian border to Copacabana.

La Paz is great, by the way.

I don't know if you will get better answers on Bolivia forum, perhaps on Thorntree?

Cambridge...
reviews: 7
2. Re: Titicaca Catamaran Cruise

The price quote I received from them a few days ago for the 2D/1N is $392 for a single cabin and $342 pp in a double.

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 61
3. Re: Titicaca Catamaran Cruise

The Transturin Titicaca Catamaran Cruise is very expensive in general. I paid about USD 250 for a day tour from Puno to La Paz. In fact, I am not sure if you need to do a 2D1N tour. You could save the money and do the trip on your own with the many bus companies doing the Puno-La Paz route. Save the money for something else eg. Uyuni tours.

3D2N is just nice for La Paz.

4. Re: Titicaca Catamaran Cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 06, 2014