We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vaccine

Which Puno hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Italy
Vaccine

I was informed that yellow fever vaccine is required if coming to Peru from a country subject to yellow fever. Since I will make a day trip from Puno to Tiwanaku and then back to Puno, I fear I would be required the vaccine while re-entering Peru having been in Bolivia.

Anybody have information about this subject? Is the vaccine required while crossing border at Desaguadero?

Thanks in advance.

aukland
1. Re: Vaccine

No you don´t need it at least that you are going to go to the Jungle

Puno
2. Re: Vaccine

Hello

The yellow fever is a motive of worry for the Bolivians due to the increment of cases. The vaccination campaign in the departments of Cochabamba and Santa Cruz has reached at May 24 a covering of 70%.

In Copacabana there is a vaccination brigade, but it is not obligatory.

Sugar Land, Texas
reviews: 2
3. Re: Vaccine

If you're indeed going to the jungle, I would say better safe than sorry. There's a good reason why people should be vaccinated against certain illnesses in certain areas. What's a little shot compared to yellow fever ? If I were you, I would just go and get it.

CA
4. Re: Vaccine

Where can I get more information about vaccinations?

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
reviews: 277
5. Re: Vaccine

You will find a posting on vaccinations on the Peru inside pages.

Nebraska
reviews: 8
6. Re: Vaccine

Also http://www.cdc.gov/travel/

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 46
7. Re: Vaccine

I just got off the phone with our local clinic and found out the vaccine costs $200! Is there a cheaper way? Can I get one in Peru more cheaply? Thank you!

Saint Louis...
reviews: 7
8. Re: Vaccine

The vaccines are expensive but most insurance companies pay a large portion of it. Most of the travelers clinics won't submit the claim to your insurance company for you so you have to pay for them and get reimbursed. We called our insurance company first to check because there are four of us and that was a lot of $$ to invest in vaccines.

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 46
9. Re: Vaccine

I called my HMO first thing. They do not offer them. :(

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
reviews: 277
10. Re: Vaccine

Once in Lima, you can get a Yellow Fever vaccine at Laboratorios Roe (labroe.com) for S/.78 (US$ 26) and a proper International cetificate.

You can also have it at the airport but I do not know at what times do they provide their services.