We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jungle trip - how dangerous?

Which Puerto Maldonado hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Jungle trip - how dangerous?

Probably it is a silly question - I was reluctant to ask but I couldn't find the anwer on this forum. People mention caimans and tarantula etc at jungle trips - is there any danger of attacks on tourists? Lodges have only 3 walls - can animals creep inside during the night?

I cannot decide to go to jungle or not. I am afraid I will not be able to sleep.

thanks!

Chiclayo, Peru
1. Re: Jungle trip - how dangerous?

As long as you don't wander off by yourself they're no more likely to get you there than they are in San Francisco.

And lodges only have three walls? Well, maybe if they're still in construction.... Just don't leave your light on while you're out or dozens of moths will get in.

Edited: 11:32 pm, May 17, 2010
Pensacola, Florida
reviews: 57
2. Re: Jungle trip - how dangerous?

If you are phobic about critters

which it sounds like you are

skip the jungle...

If you go

choose www.wasai.com closer to PM

more regular rooms less critters...

3. Re: Jungle trip - how dangerous?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, November 15, 2010