We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to San Blas islands

London, United...
reviews: 3
Getting to San Blas islands

Hi I am hoping to visit San Blas islands for a few days in August and was wondering the cheapest and best way to get there from Panama city?

Thanks

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 7
11. Re: Getting to San Blas islands

Could you please forward me any contacts you might have for a driver to & from San Blas islands? We'll be at the Gamboa resort so if you know any local drivers who can pick us up directly from Gamboa resort and drive us back, that would be even better!

Thanks for your help!

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 1
12. Re: Getting to San Blas islands

HI,

We're heading down to the islands, can you connect us with your contact i.e. Kunas, We tried writing but we don't read spanish and therefore need some help! Thx!

MLoo

New York City, New...
reviews: 27
13. Re: Getting to San Blas islands

Is it possible to enter the Kuna territory with a car? I heard that this might be a problem. Is there a place to leave the car?

Thanks

Berkeley...
14. Re: Getting to San Blas islands

I went to San Blas in december. I met a taxi driver, his name is Rigoberto. He is very professional and takes you from Panama to San Blas. We had to pay 50 USD each one (we were 4). I don`t know if kunas won`t let you pass but the route isn´t very good so I recommend you to take a taxi. I took the tour with him beacuse a friend of mine recommended him. It was perfect, no problem.

We also met Eric Boyt. He is a kuna guy that owns a boat and takes you to the islands. He also looks for places where to stay in the islands for you, and it is cheaper comparing with the prices on internet. He is very nice and honest.

Rigoberto (taxi driver) +50765273367

Eric Boyt +50769972176 / eric.morales.m14@gmail.com

Madrid, Spain
reviews: 11
15. Re: Getting to San Blas islands

How long were you in San Blas, Trinidad ? And where did you actually stay ?

What else did you do in Panama ?

New York City, New...
reviews: 27
16. Re: Getting to San Blas islands

Just came back from San Blas. The road is not too bad. It is mostly paved, just has by steep hills. keep in mind though, that only 4x4 vehicles are allowed to the Kuna territory. We had a small car, and they made us park it at the Kuna checked point, and arranged for us a ride from the checkpoint to Carti' for 12$ a person. So either get a taxi driver from Panama City, or go with a 4x4 car. Really NOT a problem to get there,

East Lansing...
reviews: 47
17. Re: Getting to San Blas islands

Hi! I'd so appreciate it if you could hook me up with the Kena guy's info. Thank you!!!!!

18. Re: Getting to San Blas islands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 12, 2014