We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to San Blas islands

London, United...
reviews: 7
Getting to San Blas islands

Hi I am hoping to visit San Blas islands for a few days in August and was wondering the cheapest and best way to get there from Panama city?

Thanks

Vienna, Austria
reviews: 1
1. Re: Getting to San Blas islands

you can either rent a car and drive to Carti (around 2.5 hours) or you can book a driver with a 4x4 for normally USD 25 pp one way and they will pick you up from your hotel in Panama City.

It is a very nice drive.

Another option is to fly from Albrook Airport in Panama City, to El Porvenir, with Copa or Taca, I guess.

Edited: 10:55 am, July 03, 2012
reviews: 29
2. Re: Getting to San Blas islands

How would you make contact with a driver?

Edited: 4:05 pm, August 06, 2012
Vienna, Austria
reviews: 1
3. Re: Getting to San Blas islands

there are some companies offering it on the internet, or I can give you the no. of one of the kunas I normally sail with and he will know sb for sure

Newark, New Jersey
reviews: 14
4. Re: Getting to San Blas islands

We're going in April and we're hoping to get a driver. How did you end up getting there?

reviews: 29
5. Re: Getting to San Blas islands

I'm still working on our arrangements. It hasn't been easy to get a reply from the tour group I've contacted but when I had my email translated to Spanish I got a preliminary response and I'm waiting not for the final pricing.

Redland City...
reviews: 2
6. Re: Getting to San Blas islands

I heard the airport in Porvenir is open and there are flights from Panama City - does anyone know if this is correct?

Marie

Redland City...
reviews: 2
7. Re: Getting to San Blas islands

I have heard the airport in Porvenir has reopened and that it is now possible to fly from Panama City to Porvenir. Does anyone know if this is correct?

beverly hills
8. Re: Getting to San Blas islands

where do you reccomed to stay in san blas. my boyfriend and i want to expereice the culture/people and enjoy the beaches. dies anyone know the main town of teh kuna...shoud we expect to island hop, and should we spend a night in el provenir(or skip that).

Thank you all!!!

Tampa, Florida
9. Re: Getting to San Blas islands

I am coming to Panama over Christmas. I was thinking of going to San Blas. We are going to have 13 people. Where is the best place to stay. We need as nice as possible. What are the things to do there? Is Dec. a bad time to go?

10. Re: Getting to San Blas islands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:58 am, January 21, 2013