We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do in Panama

Which Farallon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Things to do in Panama

Hi

My wife and I will be traveling to Panama next week and staying at the Royal Decameron.

We are definetly going to do a Panama Canal tour, and go surfing

but I was wondering what are some other sights/experiences we should see or do.

We enjoy wildlife and scenery, snorkeling, basically anything

outdoors.

We don't mind doing some excursions with the hotel but also like

to get out and explore things on our own if possible.

Any recommendations on things to see and do,

and the best way to see them, (rent a car, take a taxi/bus)

would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot

Madrid, Spain
reviews: 11
1. Re: Things to do in Panama

Visit El Valle de Anton.

There were some other recent threads on related subjects, I think.

Look here - tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g298431-i2745-k585…

Langhorne...
reviews: 13
2. Re: Things to do in Panama

I also recommend a day trip to El Valle. Beautiful ride up into the mountains. Charming town with small museum, and church, and craft market.

In Farallon, don't miss lunch at Pippa's. How often do you get to eat on the beach overlooking the water? Pass on dinner - our B&B Hosts told us the mosquito's would carry us away! Also, Woody's is not to be missed. A Canadian Hockey Bar/Restaurant on the beach! We had lunch there and as we were leaving the lobster fisherman beached his small boat. He carried the buckets to the scale. I think dinner there would be fine because although it is open air, and beachfront It is not beach level- and the lobster would be amazing!

Champaign IL
reviews: 6
3. Re: Things to do in Panama

Get up real real early and get yourself a tour to the best birding sites.

I'm not a birder per se, but there are so many birds and so many are so beautiful that I loved doing it. Anybody will love it.

Panama
reviews: 11
4. Re: Things to do in Panama

You are probably back home by now! What did you decide to do? Did you book through the Hotel or on your own? Any recommendations?

FYI, anybody else thinking of using the beach resorts as a base could do an overnight expedition to Lake Gatun with Captain Carl. He has a special package for all the beach area hotels that includes transportation, overnight lodging and two tours. To me, it's one of the best ways to combine the beach resorts with nature/the canal. Here is the link if anyone is interested: http://bit.ly/161bxSP

5. Re: Things to do in Panama

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 05, 2014