We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roll Call March 4 - 18 Decameron

Which Farallon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Peterborough, Canada
Roll Call March 4 - 18 Decameron

Returning for our third time. Can't wait. Don't believe all the poor reviews you see here...the place is clean, safe and HOT. One reason we keep coming back, is that we know exactly what we're going to get....and that alone is worth the price IE: It's going to be hot, it's not going to rain (during the dry season) , the ocean is going to be warm, the pools are clean and the food is going to be something that everyone can find something to their taste. Don't listen to the whiners on here. Yes, some of the rooms are dated, but how much time are you planning on spending in it anyway?

More important...don't believe a single post that says the people are cold and the bartenders are stingy. The people who work here will go out of there way to help you, if you just treat them with a little respect. I speak the most fractured Spanglish you have ever heard...but if I SMILE when I try to say anything, they all smile back, and then try to figure out what I'm asking or go get someone who can help. Understand you are in THEIR country and it's Central America, NOT Central Park. The bartenders (Louis, Ceferino, Andreas, etc...) will pour you as much as you wish, so be careful what you wish for! The people here are so warm and inviting (literally) that we visited with one person IN THERE HOME up in the mountains north of Penenome ($2.00 bus ride that is THE BEST money we spent on "excursions" on any trip, anywhere).

Any questions, post or PM...I'm no expert, but I know what I like and I LOVE this country and it's people. Decameron is what it is (3.5 stars?) but your vacation will only be what you make it!

PS: Bring a stack of U.S one dollar bills and spread them around the resort, and not just the bartenders..it's only ONE dollar to you, but it means so much more to someone who makes less than $20/day. If you get there before me, go see Adriane, the activity guy...tell him his favorite Bomberro is coming back in March!

Panama City, Panama
reviews: 80
11. Re: Roll Call March 4 - 18 Decameron

Posters are right.............NO need for those shots for traveling here. Wear insect repellent - the sand fleas mostly come out at dusk and dawn. Mossies too at night. I love skin so soft bath oil - insects HATE the smell - and I don't smell like a can of Deet. Enjoy your trip.

Indiana
reviews: 14
12. Re: Roll Call March 4 - 18 Decameron

We will be there March 3-10 and looking forward to it! Can we book our day tours at the hotel or with CB Tours?

Peterborough, Canada
13. Re: Roll Call March 4 - 18 Decameron

Sorry Dan, never heard of CB Tours. Maybe someone else has though. You can book through Nolitours on site, or Panama Roadrunners, out of Coronado. You can go over to Woody;s and book tours for less than on site or just set your on your own and save a ton of $$$.

Good luck and get ready for nothing but hot weather and cold drinks.

Madrid, Spain
reviews: 11
14. Re: Roll Call March 4 - 18 Decameron

Of the four reviews on CB Tours, only one is in English - you could try sending a PM to her.

Kyrenia, Cyprus
reviews: 70
15. Re: Roll Call March 4 - 18 Decameron

Hi, we will probably pass you in the lobby, as we leave as you arrive on the 4th March. We are going back to the Decameron for the 2nd time. We spent 2 weeks last September. Only staying 4 nights this time as off exploring Pedasi and Coronado as well. The Decameron staff are very friendly, but think from people watching last September, it depends on how you treat them. If you are friendly, polite and make an effort at Spanish they are wonderful, if (as some did) you treat them like hired help then they are different. Diamond Dan the tours can be booked at the Decameron at the desk in reception it is called the Decameron Explorer. Definitely no need for any jabs unless you are really going off and staying in the jungle. I did get bitten by something in my shoe whilst there last september and had to see the doctor for some injections to deal with it, but just means I will check my shoes this time. I should know better, I live in Northern Cyprus so lots of biting bugs, snakes, spiders etc, but I relaxed. However, it means I know the medical care is also very good. icsyhfh if you hear a British accent in the lobby on the 4th March, that will be us. If it's anything like last September we will be the only Brits there.

Peterborough, Canada
16. Re: Roll Call March 4 - 18 Decameron

Hi Linedance,

Unfortunate, but we will not pass by. They herd the departures out LONG before the next group arrives, which is why we are searching for someone to share a ride with, for our departure.

Your itinerary (Pedasi, Coronado) makes it sound like you are doing the same as us...looking for that place in the sun to spend your winters. We, too, are beginning our search for a place, non-resort, to call home when the snow flies and Panama sure fits the bill!

Thanks for the tip about the shoe shaking. I've spent so much time in the Canadian North that checking your shoes, or sleeping bag, is the same as brushing your teeth regularly...you just do it because you know the consequences of not :)),

Enjoy your trip and save some Balboa for me!

Kyrenia, Cyprus
reviews: 70
17. Re: Roll Call March 4 - 18 Decameron

Well you never know we might pass by, as we are not part of a group booking but lone travellers. We are not looking to just winter in Panama but totally relocate so this is a final scout around to make sure we want to do it, as Northern Cyprus where we live (and even the UK where we are from) are a very long way from there, so we need to be sure. Have a great holiday.

Peterborough, Canada
18. Re: Roll Call March 4 - 18 Decameron

Good luck with your search. Panama is going to be our winter base with the balance of the year spent on the water on our cruiser in Ontario,Canada. I just never want to shovel snow again, which we just got whacked with another 40 cm of overnight.

Kincardine, Canada
reviews: 77
19. Re: Roll Call March 4 - 18 Decameron

We will be there the 4th to 11th! 2nd time though last time was 9 years ago. Can't wait!

Kincardine, Canada
reviews: 77
20. Re: Roll Call March 4 - 18 Decameron

Lol, I live in Bruce County (3 hrs from Toronto) and we get snow like that off Lake Huron, live right on the well known HWY 21, all the time. Im with you, sunshine and no snow sounds good to me.