We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! Need an English speaking tour and transfer driver

Which Farallon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Victoria, Canada
Help! Need an English speaking tour and transfer driver

I need help finding an English tour and transfer driver to take four from RD to Gamboa with a city tour inbetween. Panamaroadrunner is too busy. Thanks!

Panama City, Panama
reviews: 79
1. Re: Help! Need an English speaking tour and transfer driver

Wow, well Roadrunner is the only one out (English speaking) this way that I know of , sorry.

London, Canada
reviews: 2
2. Re: Help! Need an English speaking tour and transfer driver

Once, at the RD taxi rank, I did find a taxi driver who spoke good English, and he cost $100 for the day, and took us to the places we wanted to see. He waited while we 'did our thing'. Four of us (not related) paid $25 each. The cab was air conditioned. In fact, he brought along his young son (or nephew) or whoever, that spoke excellent English and also knew a lot of history (likely he made some of it up, but it was good fun). It was a great way to spend a day, and we didn't have to be back at the RD by supper time which is what you get with the bus tours. He also knew a few places to eat as well (likely relatives).

Brantford, Canada
reviews: 8
3. Re: Help! Need an English speaking tour and transfer driver

Sad to hear you could not get Roadrunner... but glad to hear that they are that busy.... Ashley is a great guy. he did for us the reverse of what you are looking for .

Edited: 4:05 pm, February 01, 2012
Brantford, Canada
reviews: 8
4. Re: Help! Need an English speaking tour and transfer driver

Ok not quite we went to Breezes from Gamboa

Victoria, Canada
5. Re: Help! Need an English speaking tour and transfer driver

Arg! I have emailed 4 additional companies and none have replied. Any other ideas? Thanks

Panama City, Panama
reviews: 79
6. Re: Help! Need an English speaking tour and transfer driver

The problem is most of the tour drivers are based in Panama City, so they don't want to drive way out 2-1/2 hours from the city to pick you up and then drive back to the city and then to Gamboa.

With the exception of Roadrunner, there is no tour operator I know of that speaks English with their base out here in the beaches area.

Hopefully, you will inquire at the desk at RD or the taxi station and find someone like travels1940 did (post above). Good luck.

Edmonton, Alberta
reviews: 9
7. Re: Help! Need an English speaking tour and transfer driver

If it's not too late, check with Woody's Bar (beachside, right next to RD) and ask him if he has a driver available. He offers tours and we arranged a Panama City tour with a guide named Ronnie and he was amazing!

8. Re: Help! Need an English speaking tour and transfer driver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, May 21, 2013