We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Contadora to other Pearl Islands?

Which Contadora Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Turin, Italy
reviews: 12
Travel from Contadora to other Pearl Islands?

Hello!

My boyfriend and I are all set to go to Contadora in February.

I know there are locals with boats that we can pay to take us to small isolated islands. Can anyone comment on their reliability and previous experiences? and costs?

Also, is there any way to make a day trip to Isla del Rey? or any other islands?

Thanks and be well!

-A

Panama City, Panama
reviews: 79
1. Re: Travel from Contadora to other Pearl Islands?

...............stop by Coral Dreams, across from the AeroPerlas office, and see Guillermo about sight seeing the other islands. He is very knowledgable and a great guide. he can take you for Scuba, snorkle, or just sight seeing. His rates are very reasonable and his boat is safe. Avoid the locals that hang around the beach. They too know the area, but often speak little english and may not be as safety conscious as Guillermo. YOu can ask him about Isla del Rey when you arrive.......he speaks great English.

I recently spent a day in Contadora, the main island of Las Perlas and the water and the beaches were beautiful.

With Guillermo we took his safe boat to Mogo Mogo, the island where the Survivor series was filmed, and where there is a natural pool ideal for relaxing.

We took a 2 hour snorkeling tour with Coral Dreams who takes you around on a boat to different islands in the Archipelago. One of the private islands we snorkeled off of had the softest sand I have ever stepped on in my life.

http://www.coral-dreams.com/

From what I hear, the diving is great around the islands, lots of reefs and an incredible amount of marine life.

When you fly over the islands, the colors of blue and green are absolutely breathtaking.

I'm sure the other beaches are wonderful as well, but Las Perlas should definitely be on your list.

Oh, bring lots of bug repellant, oil based or Avon skin so soft OIL for no-see-ums, which can come at AM and dusk.

2. Re: Travel from Contadora to other Pearl Islands?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:20 pm, October 16, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Contadora Island