We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling from Panama City to Colon.

Which Colon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Littleton, Colorado
reviews: 26
Traveling from Panama City to Colon.

Doing a cruise in April 2014 which departs from Colon. Will be flying into Panama City. What is the best (and safest) way to get to Colon from Panama City?

33 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
21. Re: Traveling from Panama City to Colon.

We are leaving from JFK on COPA Air on 4/18. we contacted the below and received 2 quotes for 8 people from PTY to hotel for $70 then $180 from hotel to RCL at Colon ship terminal.

Rafael Avilés

services@retransferpanana.com

(507)6253-8109

Gene from Queens

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 8
22. Re: Traveling from Panama City to Colon.

Hello, can you let me know the name of the cruise line? I have had difficulty finding one that left from Colon. Many thanks

Shelbyville...
reviews: 87
23. Re: Traveling from Panama City to Colon.

We are coming back on April 5th. I'll try to post when we get onboard how we get to the ship from Panama. Unfortunately for us, we arrive in Panama City at 1:55 and need to get to the ship ASAP. I am hoping the trip over to Colon will not cost more than the cruise itself.

I'd like to know how many US citizens RCCL gets for this cruise. It is not an easy port to get to easy to get to. From our airports (and we live by 3 major ones) it was a nightmare to find flights and RCCL told me they could not accommodate us for flights into Panama. If a lot of US citizens sail this cruise, RCCL needs to rethink the departure time or make better arrangements for transportation.

Again, I'll try to post our arrangements from Panama to Colon if possible. Hope all of you (and we) enjoy this cruise :)

Atlanta, Georgia...
Destination Expert
for Colon, Isla Grande, Portobelo
reviews: 10
24. Re: Traveling from Panama City to Colon.

You should contact a private driver, such as Roadrunner. You are arriving at Tocumen at a very congested time. It will take a minimum of 45 minutes to clear immigration and customs. I would count on at least an hour. That puts you on the road at 3:00pm. The trip from Tocumen to the ship terminal will take between 1:15 and 1:30.

25. Re: Traveling from Panama City to Colon.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:35 pm, March 26, 2014

parsippany, nj
reviews: 75
26. Re: Traveling from Panama City to Colon.

Thanks for the tips...we used Pierre Miller"s company Panama Travel Corp at the end of March 2014 when we were going on our Windstar cruise. We were picked up at our hotel in Panama City in a nice car and driven to Colon by a nice young man Daniel Carbone. We contacted Pierre via his email the day before and paid for the trip using pay pal. Daniel was very informative about Panama on the drive to Colon.

Shelbyville...
reviews: 87
27. Re: Traveling from Panama City to Colon.

We used Amber Moon Taxi service. You can find them on the web. Make sure you have cash as they do not accept credit cards. Very nice driver but he spoke little to no English.

High Point, NC
28. Re: Traveling from Panama City to Colon.

8 days in Panama

I am taking my husband to Panama in March to celebrate his birthday. He has always wanted to see the Panama Canal and learn how it works. We will be in Panama City for 4 days, Bocas Del Toro for 1 day and Red Frog Beach for 3 days. I would love some help from Destination Experts on San Blas Day trip. Should we use 1 day in Panama City to do this trip. It looks beautiful. We will probably not ever make it back to Panama. Thank you so very much for your help with this decision.

Madrid, Spain
reviews: 11
29. Re: Traveling from Panama City to Colon.

I suggest that you start a separate thread with your query.

San Blas can bé done asa day trip from Panama City - but it has to bé an early start.

High Point, NC
30. Re: Traveling from Panama City to Colon.

Yes, thank you and sorry, I will.

Reply to: Traveling from Panama City to Colon.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted