We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sierra Llorona Panama Lodge? or any place near Soberania?

Which Colon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
reviews: 2
Sierra Llorona Panama Lodge? or any place near Soberania?

My boyfriend and I were looking for places to stay for two nights outside of panama city. Somewhere near Soberania national park. We will not have a car drive but are willing to pay for taxi rides. We want hike around, see wildlife and be near nature. We are not birders so we are ruled out Canopy Towers. Gamboa doesnt appeal to us because of its large resortish/disneyish quality. I would appreciate if anyone can give us feedback about their stay at Sierra Llorona Panama Lodge or any other recommended place. Thanks in advance for any feedback or input.

GA/USA
reviews: 3
1. Re: Sierra Llorona Panama Lodge? or any place near Soberania?

I reccommend El Valle. It's closer and has everything you described. We stayed at Los Capitanes. Nothing Disney about that place! Great place for mountain jungle hiking and the Nispero zoo is very interesting. It was $2.

Have fun.

Panama City, Panama
reviews: 80
2. Re: Sierra Llorona Panama Lodge? or any place near Soberania?

We stayed at Los Capitanes in El Valle in 2005. Please click on my profile for the review. If you don't have a car, stay at the Hotel Residencial right in town - you can walk to good eateries, the market is next door, etc. While Los Capitanes was a lovely (though very damp) setting, you will have to get a taxi everytime you go to town and the taxi service is very slow and Los Capitanes is on a very broken up road, so it will be a cheap, but a bouncy ride every time, quite a drag, we thought. It is okay if you have a car, but otherwise, stay in the village.

Read my review on Hotel Residencial also, it was spot on, and is now my place to stay in El Valle - get a room at the back, however, because the front will be noisy with road traffic. It is soooooo cheap also.

3. Re: Sierra Llorona Panama Lodge? or any place near Soberania?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:52 am, October 31, 2007
New York City, New...
reviews: 2
4. Re: Sierra Llorona Panama Lodge? or any place near Soberania?

Thanks again for your recommendations. Although we did consider changing our travel plans to El Valle, we ultimately decided to stick to Sierra Llorona Panama Lodge. I would love to hear from anyone that stayed at this lodge or visited the surrounding area. Thanks again tripadvisor members!

5. Re: Sierra Llorona Panama Lodge? or any place near Soberania?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 am, September 13, 2009