We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Rex

Which Chitre hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oregon
Hotel Rex

Travel means you need maximum patience and maximum flexibility. If you can't take those two with you on the trip then it might be better to stay at home where things are more predictable and people speak your language. The person complaining about the Hotel Rex sounds like he needs a "check up from the neck up".

Panama City, Panama
reviews: 79
1. Re: Hotel Rex

mgmgOregon, unfortunately you do get those on T/A on posting everywhere in the world.

A couple of points, one should never expect five star anything paying 1 star rates. One always gets what one pays for.

I've said it before: I don't think Panama is a good place for people who like perfect, pre-packaged, Disney-style vacations. Those of us that have been around TA for awhile realize that sometimes new posters have ulterior motives when making either a glowing endorsement of a place or service and the same holds true when the post is negative. Also a poster who only applauds one place over and over in his postings - suspicious for sure.

I have to say, us old hands have no problem calling a spade a spade and if it smells like poop, it probably is.

There is a lot to see and do in Panama, and a lot of beautiful, authentic, un-spoiled places to go where one can experience the culture and wonder of the Panamanian landscape and people. It does take planning, much research and time plus ingenuity to plan such a trip.

Anyway - my two cents (I could just give you the dollar - lol) and I look forward to reading more from you and others like you that have have found TA and have lots of experiences to help other potential travelers to Panama. Thanks for joinint us !

"If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay at home.” - Michener

Oregon
2. Re: Hotel Rex

LN

Thank you for your perspective. This is my initial step into this forum and first "post". I have a friend currently staying at the Hotel Rex and I'm considering a trip to Panama this winter so when I pulled up information about the hotel and "stumbled" upon the rant about The Rex - well - I couldn't resist responding.

My travels have taken me primarily to Southern France in the past 5 years - as an artist and art teacher. But I'm looking for a location to paint and teach closer to home.

Which part of Panama have you invested most of your time?

Thank you.

mgmgOregon

3. Re: Hotel Rex

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 03, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Chitre