We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Entry Requirements for Canadians

Which Bocas del Toro Province hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Saskatchewan...
reviews: 142
Entry Requirements for Canadians

I was just wondering if anyone can verify this " Canadians must present a passport to visit Panama, which must be valid for at least three months after the date of entry into Panama. Before you leave, ask your transportation company about its requirements related to passport validity, which may be more stringent than the country's entry rules"

My husbands passport expires in July & we are going in Feb! I read this a long time ago when I first booked the trip so my husband decided to wait to renew his passport so he could get the new one's that are coming out, but that last sentence has me wondering!! Any comments?? Thanks!

Fort Saskatchewan...
21. Re: Entry Requirements for Canadians

Please send a link to that rule that Canadians need 6 months on their passport to leave Canada! 😀😀I have never heard that rule!!!!

If that is the case LN, that means u are taking a risk anywhere in the world u travel to as any country can change there entry requirements in a whim!! When u read the requirements into a country are 6 months, don't u normally believe & trust the government website? They don't put out these rules for the fun of it!! I have always faithfully followed the advice on Canada's website voyage.gc.ca

Again last thing I wanna go is stir up trouble, just want the correct answer as this will be helpful to other traveller's in the future 😁 next thing I will do is call the Embassy of Panama in Ottawa on Monday! If they say 3 months, then I rest my case! Thanks for all the responses & I do take each persons advice into consideration 😀😀

Fort Saskatchewan...
22. Re: Entry Requirements for Canadians

travel.gc.ca/travelling/documents/passport

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
reviews: 4
23. Re: Entry Requirements for Canadians

When I contacted the Panamanian consul in the United States ( there was no embassy in my town) I asked the exact same question and he said he didn't know ?! But he said I should get a new passport just in case. Panama changes there immigration rules seemingly every six months.

Panama City, Panama
reviews: 79
24. Re: Entry Requirements for Canadians

NO, I certainly don't believe any of Panama's government sites....as I said I have reason to say that...........we have a home here. The correct answer? Well, you have lots of correct answers on here; it is just what you choose to believe. As I stated before, I wish you good luck and hope none of your travel plans are negatively affected and PLEASE do post after the fact your experience to help other travelers. Thanks.

Fort Saskatchewan...
25. Re: Entry Requirements for Canadians

Thanks LN!! I have checked out every source available and at this point have to believe they all cannot be wrong! Including this link:

embassyofpanama.ca/index.php/…

I am phoning them on Monday to double check, and if they say 3 months over the phone, I would say between the Canadian Govt website, the Embassy of Canada in Panama, The Embassy of Panama in Canada & United Airlines, it would be very odd that they were all misinformed 😀😀

Having said all this, as we are frequent traveller's all over the world, I do recommend that everyone has 6 months remaining on their passport (as we always do) but check before u book as some may have other restriction's & each country is different !

I have also come across other travel forums of Canadians & Americans talking about the 3 month validity 😀

Under normal circumstances we would just renew the passport now, but my husband wants the new 10 year Canadian passport that comes out July 1st, & his expired July 15th!

If the Panama Embassy happens to tell me it is 6 months, we will run to the passport office !!

26. Re: Entry Requirements for Canadians

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 21, 2014