We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Entry Requirements for Canadians

Which Bocas del Toro Province hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Saskatchewan...
reviews: 122
Entry Requirements for Canadians

I was just wondering if anyone can verify this " Canadians must present a passport to visit Panama, which must be valid for at least three months after the date of entry into Panama. Before you leave, ask your transportation company about its requirements related to passport validity, which may be more stringent than the country's entry rules"

My husbands passport expires in July & we are going in Feb! I read this a long time ago when I first booked the trip so my husband decided to wait to renew his passport so he could get the new one's that are coming out, but that last sentence has me wondering!! Any comments?? Thanks!

Ontario
reviews: 26
1. Re: Entry Requirements for Canadians

You need a valid passport which will NOT be expiring within 6 months of entry into any country.

You had best check with your travel agent right away to get this sorted out.

It would be a shame to be turned away upon check-in before you even get out of the country.

Good luck.

Fort Saskatchewan...
2. Re: Entry Requirements for Canadians

I am my own travel agent and that comes straight off the Canadian government website!

http://travel.gc.ca/destinations/panama

And no not every country has that 6 month entry rule, generally they do but there are some exceptions, because I read this prior to booking the trip we thought we would wait til we returned & renew it then before our next trip!

I wonder how I can find out for sure before I tell my husband & he freaks out! U would think the Canadian government wouldn't put out false info ( I read every travel report on this website prior to booking a trip) 😀😀

Fort Saskatchewan...
3. Re: Entry Requirements for Canadians

By the way, I have just looked up many countries entry requirements and the passport validity varies, some 6 months, some 3, some just need to be value for the time ur in the country, etc!

I only posted this as i am double checking things and through my years of traveling have not noticed a 3 month validly so was just looking for some extra advice, but will have to call the Embassy on Monday! Thanks and if anyone else is familiar with this please let me know!!

Madrid, Spain
reviews: 11
4. Re: Entry Requirements for Canadians

So you are OK for three months ?

So you just need to check with your airline - no ?

Isla de Margarita
reviews: 27
5. Re: Entry Requirements for Canadians

My wife was refused boarding in Caracas on a flight to PTY two years ago for not having six months validity left on her passport (she had only 5 1/2 months)

Do not take the chance and get the passport renewed before travel.

For us it was a huge pain in the #ss (and a fininacial fiasco) as we where a family of four.

Panama City, Panama
reviews: 80
6. Re: Entry Requirements for Canadians

I don't think you would even make it to Panama. My friend was turned away in the states PRIOR to even boarding - when she checked in her passport was not valid for enough month. Pay more and get a new expedited passport NOW.

Fort Saskatchewan...
7. Re: Entry Requirements for Canadians

I've checked several resources including the Canadian Embassy in Panama (online)& they all state passport must be valid for 3 months! If u look, each country has different requirements!

This is my 45 country visited and never have I run into this! First thing Monday morning I am calling the embassy!! 😀

Fort Saskatchewan...
8. Re: Entry Requirements for Canadians

I just called United Airlines and they said it must be valid for 3 months upon arriving into Panama! I am still calling the Canadian Embassy in Panama on Monday to double check but after much investigation on this topic has made me aware that each country has different entry requirements for each nationality!!

bocas del toro...
reviews: 1
9. Re: Entry Requirements for Canadians

The government of Canada webite states 3 months - but warns that it is Panama's perogative. I always travel with a 6 month leeway. You never can tell here. I would play it safe & renew my passport. You have time to get a new one - & besides - if you wait - Canada has announced that the price of passports increases in July :)

Fort Saskatchewan...
10. Re: Entry Requirements for Canadians

I contacted the Canadian Embasy in Panama last week & they assured me Candians require a 3 month validity on their passport when arriving in Panana; therefore my husband can wait til July & get the new e passport 😀😀