We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DIY tour or package

Which Bocas del Toro Province hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
England
reviews: 1
DIY tour or package

We will travel to Bocas from Puerto Viejo for 2 nights in the middle of December?

Is it easy that we can just get there via shuttle bus and then book hotel on our own? Is it possible that we can do it on our own to visit other sister islands or red frog beach etc? If not, do we have to book tour in advance?

We were thinking that the package may cost more?

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
reviews: 111
1. Re: DIY tour or package

You don't need a package. You can do it yourself no problem. Once in BDT all you need to do to get to the other islands is hail a water taxi.

To get from PV to BDT I prefer to use Caribe Shuttle. Saves a lot of time and hassle.

England
2. Re: DIY tour or package

Thanks mrolfes,

Another question is where we should stay, so that it is easy for us to get around to other islands, or beaches in 2 days?

Is it easy to find the water taxi? How frequent? Is it also easy to get around if we hire a bike?

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
3. Re: DIY tour or package

What is your budget? Do you want to stay in the main town?

There is a place in town you can go and they have water taxis, you can have your hotel/restaurant etc call you a water taxi an sometimes you can hail one. It is easy to get a water taxi.

Depending on wherre you stay it can be very easy to get around on bikes as well.

England
4. Re: DIY tour or package

My budget is less than 90USD. Is it a walking distance to go to the town?

I have no idea where we should stay as we are coming by Caribe shuttle.

Is the final stop near town?

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
5. Re: DIY tour or package

Well my favorite is to stay at Cocomo by The Sea. It is on the water, in Bocas Town but away from all the noise. It takes 5 to 10 minutes to walk to town. You will be taking the ferry into Bocas Town. When you arrive you can jump off the ferry and grab a water taxi (right there) or walk or get a road taxi to Cocomo. There are many options for places to stay, this is just my favorite place.

England
6. Re: DIY tour or package

Thanks Mrolfes,

Another question is how we get a tour to get around the sister islands?

As we will arrive in Bocas by noon, is it possible that we just get a water taxis to take us to any islands. or maybe better to join the snorkelling tour in the afternoon?

How much does it cost to go to any sister islands by water taxis? Is it worth to hire a private boat to take us to different islands? But it might be very expensive?

As we are staying for 2 nights, are there any interesting things to see in the town?

7. Re: DIY tour or package

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, November 26, 2013